- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- Allianz reports operating profit up 3% for last year-well within target range
- AXA reports underlying earnings per share up 5% for 2019
- Ageas reveals best ever full year reports
- Swiss Re reports group net income up 73% for 2019
- Oxbow Partners publish third edition of the InsurTech Impact 25
- By Miles to assist policyholders with awareness of London's Ultra Low Emissions Zone(ULEZ) charge expired
- Guidewire InsuranceNow solution chosen by First Chicago and United Security Health and Casualty expired
- Willis Towers Watson win Analytics Solution of the Year at the 2020 Insurance ERM Awards for its Radar Live software expired
- Allianz Board changes announced expired
- AXA appoints Gunter as CEO AXA XL expired
- Swiss Re takes further steps towards net-zero emissions expired
23rd February 2020
Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
This week saw a number of European-based majors reporting favourable 2019 financials-companies reporting results included Ageas, Allianz, AXA, Lancshire, Swiss Re, Manulife, and Sun Life Financial. There were senior appointments at Allianz, Apollo Syndicate Management, Argo, and AXA.
Global Data said there were new opportunities for insurers as the sharing economy is set to continue growing. S&P Global reviewed South African insurance trends. The Financial Supervisory Authority of Romania(ASF) and EIOPA are to launch an independent assessment of the Romanian insurance sector through a balance sheet review.
Oxbow Partners published its third edition of the InsurTech Impact 25. By Miles is to assist policyholders with awareness of London's Ultra Low Emissions Zone(ULEZ) charge, whilst insurethebox is supporting a UK government campaign designed to encourage young people to intervene to stop a friend drink driving. InsurTech Concirrus closed a $20m Series B funding round, and Swiss Re’s digital platform iptiQ and IKEA partnered to launch affordable and easily accessible home insurance. Willis Towers Watson won Analytics Solution of the Year at the 2020 Insurance ERM Awards for its Radar Live software. Guidewire's InsuranceNow solution was chosen by First Chicago and United Security Health and Casualty, and additional Verisk underwriting solutions are to be available on Duck Creek’s Content Exchange.
Nexus Group launched a new Financial Lines division in the US, and Pro MGA Solutions formed a strategic partnership with start-up MGA Katalyst Financial. Swiss Re took further steps towards net-zero emissions.
Full articles on the above topics are included in those added this week to the Newslink Global Trends Database Research Matrix service at www.onlystrategic.com
The Insurance Newslink self-search and automatic reporting service across all insurance/reinsurance sectors has been a trend recording catalyst since its launch in 1993-bringing together significant global market and IT/InsurTech intelligence from source-editing and linking across a Matrix of region/country, regulatory, surveys/research, results, and IT by business application area. The database contains over 52,000 linked articles and is updated twice-weekly.
A 14 day free full trial of the service is available from the website.
There is an opportunity to become a Marketing Partner leading to possible future acquisition of our global Insurance and Banking Newslink database services.