- Citibank to pay more than $38m for improper handling of ADRs
- Barclaycard joins Coupa as inaugural pay partner
- US agencies issue proposal to streamline regulatory reporting for qualifying small institutions
- Barclays launches free mobile invoicing for SME clients
- Mortgage market softens following period of strong growth, according to UK Finance
- Alison Rose appointed Deputy CEO of NatWest Holdings
- Financial fraud is an industry-wide problem, says Diebold Nixdorf expired
- Lords EU Committee take evidence from the British Business Bank and Germany’s KfW expired
- Banks must unify information streams to combat fraud, says ThreatConnect expired
- UniCredit non-executive director Andrea Sironi resigns expired
- Deutsche Bank completes demerger of its Polish private and commercial banking business expired
- UK Finance supports government on mortgage solutions expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."