- SEC fines Citigroup for books and records violations and inadequate controls
- Wahed Invest launches Halal-friendly digital investment platform
- Specialist UK police unit prevents £25m of fraud in first half of 2018
- Research finds customers less likely to remember the amount paid by card than cash
- RBS' chief financial officer to join HSBC as finance director
- Diebold Nixdorf wins ATM patent dispute against Nautilus Hyosung
- Halifax reveals Greater London house prices per m2 stall for first time in eight years expired
- RBS welcomed tech pioneers to Edinburgh expired
- Fed Board prohibits former NBRS Financial boss from working in the banking industry expired
- Industrial Bank uses Avaloq to create Hong Kong private banking business expired
- FS workers amongst worst in UK for doing nothing to relieve work stress expired
- Continuous learning will keep FS ahead of evolving malware threats expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."