- FAB launches UAE’s first fully featured digital wallet
- UK Finance publishes regional mortgage lending trends
- Data portability: How will it impact the financial services sector?
- NatWest committed to supporting entrepreneurs through free business accelerators
- Green Park Recruitment asks: How will Lloyds deliver on its BAME promise?
- Report shows a fifth of investors now choose SMEs over traditional stocks and shares
- Santander InnoVentures invests in start-up that processes mortgages via smartphone expired
- End of term funding scheme will increase banks’ reliance on savers, says Insignis Cash Solutions expired
- Barclays suffers full year loss for 2017 expired
- All HSBC businesses grew adjusted profits in 2017, says outgoing boss expired
- 2017 has been a landmark year for Lloyds, says Group CEO expired
- Metro bank reports first full year of profitability expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."