- HSBC’s five-year Deferred Prosecution Agreement expires
- FCA defends RBS GRG report publication
- Mastercard launches Kionect for Nairobi’s smallest shopkeepers
- Fidor Bank offers six predictions for 2018
- Millennials out-invest Gen X and Baby Boomers, according to ArchOver
- Ulster Bank offers new 'sign language' service
- UK Finance congratulates central banks on finalising Basel III framework expired
- Barclays bolsters Corporate Banking Real Estate leadership team expired
- Banks should fix security vulnerabilities as quickly as they can, says Arxan expired
- Bank of America offers new mobile enhancements expired
- Lords committee asks about the EU-27’s post-Brexit priorities expired
- Research reveals that banks aim to increase Fintech investment expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."