- BNY Mellon to exchange ownership stake in Amherst Capital for minority interest in Amherst Holdings
- Lloyds Banking Group launches £2bn clean growth finance
- Santander and Broadridge complete first practical use of blockchain at AGM
- Paragon gains momentum in structured lending arena
- Fee-free debit card purchases abroad for NatWest and RBS customers
- KeyBank releases 2017 corporate responsibility report
- Research finds 51% of Brits under 45 are interested in banking products from Apple, Amazon or Google expired
- Stellar and Monero added to deVere Crypto exchange expired
- Remortgaging market softens in March after busy start to year, says UK Finance expired
- Bank of America joins ‘Code First: Girls 20:20 Campaign’ expired
- Bolero International, HSBC and Home Depot win a GTR 'Best Deal' award expired
- CYBG half-year results hit by PPI legacy costs expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."