- New global survey from Economist Intelligence Unit(EIU) and Willis Towers Watson highlights majority of executives around the world feel their organisations can do better when it comes to learning from their past cyber mistakes
- Chubb launches special new environmental risks report-"Global Management of Environmental Risk"
- ICISA members say demand for trade credit insurance and surety developing favourably
- IPCC opens review of 2019 Refinement to National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- Two new committee chairs at LIIBA-involved in modernisation of London Market
- LV= in trial agreement with Optal to streamline claims payments
- MS Amlin and Cytora in new partnership to deploy artificial intelligence into commercial underwriting processes expired
- Willis Towers Watson introduces new version of ResQ, its loss reserving software expired
- Florida-based SUNZ Insurance goes live with Sapiens CompSuite Policy solution expired
- SSP to integrate Northdoor Sanctions Checker solution to assist its broker client base expired
- MAPFRE announces senior appointments expired
- Gallagher announces Matson to replace Chilton as CEO, UK Brokerage and Underwriting Division later in the year expired
10th January 2018
Coulson appointed CUO of Fidelis Underwriting
Fidelis Insurance has announced the promotion of Richard Coulson to the position of cuo of Fidelis Underwriting Limited(FUL). He takes up this role with immediate effect and will report to Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL.
Coulson joined Fidelis in June 2015 as head of Specialty and was promoted to director of FUL Underwriting in 2017. Prior to that, he served as executive director of Political Risk, Structured Credit and Surety at RK Harrison. His early career was spent at MMC Capital and Marsh, where he focused on structuring alternative risk transfer, and captive solutions. After Marsh, he spent three years at Hiscox underwriting the company’s space and satellite and offshore energy books–winning the Hiscox Award for Innovation whilst there, before returning to broking and serving as a partner at JLT, specialising in Credit and Political Risk. . Coulson was elected a fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Institute of Risk Management eleven years ago and during his career has also won the IRM Award for Risk Analysis excellence and an ABI Young Insurer of the Year award–recognising his work on developing innovative new products within the insurance industry.
Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL, comments “Rich has ably demonstrated his underwriting acumen and a talent for developing innovative products. He has been integral to the success and growth of FUL’s business. I am delighted to confirm his appointment to this role.”
Fidelis Trends(15 articles)