- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- London Market Group reviews Brexit scenario
- CNA Hardy Receives High Court approval for EEA Luxembourg subsidiary
- RSA gets High Court nod for Luxembourg-based EEA subsidiary
- Insurers want 2 years to prepare for IFRS 17
- Zurich holds 2018 Investor Day
- S & P Global Ratings believes the recent surge in economic damage from extreme climatic events may focus the attention of public authorities about the need for adaptation investments and accelerate investment in this area expired
- Insurance Europe raises concerns about the European Commission’s collective actions proposals expired
- ICMIF publishes report with local specialists headed "Country diagnostic on mutual and cooperative microinsurance in Sri Lanka" expired
- Verisk to acquire Rulebook expired
- The Hartford purchases sharing and on-demand InsurTech Y-Risk expired
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses from Camp Fire in Northern California will be between $6bn and $9bn expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)