- Chubb 's first quarter InFocus Report, "Cyber Criminals Increasingly Target Small Businesses" examines the emergence of new dominant strains of ransomware
- Geneva Association publishes new research Report-"Healthcare in Emerging Markets-Exploring the Protection Gaps"
- ABI welcomes Ogden first review
- CII New Generation Claims Group launch a landmark guide for the compensation of claims in the event of a riot
- Munich Re raises profit guidance to around E2.5bn for 2019-rise in dividend and further share buy-back programme to be proposed at AGM
- SCOR announces a range of senior appointments
- Duck Creek Technologies solutions selected by Australian-based Avant Mutual expired
- Majesco to acquire the India-based insurance software business from its parent company, Majesco Limited expired
- Majesco announce Carroll to lead European operation as Managing Director based in Dublin expired
- KW Specialty selects Sapiens Core Suite for Property & Casualty and ReinsurancePro expired
- MORE TH>N introduces new cashback scheme to help loyal customers offset the cost of renewing their insurance expired
- Antares appoints Campbell as Head of Financial Institutions at Antares Syndicate 1274 expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)