- Chief executive of Danske Bank resigns after money-laundering investigation
- NatWest to pilot UK’s first intelligent cash management system
- EEA nationals play a key role in financial services, says UK Finance
- Public register for the UK Money Markets Code launched
- Mastercard agrees to settle monetary damages related to US merchant litigation
- Bitcoin will lose 50% of its market share to Ethereum in five years
- Nomura leads first green bond offering in Japanese manufacturing industry expired
- FS industry should be looking ahead to move beyond traditional cards, says Arxan expired
- NAB announces a number of executive changes expired
- Focus on issuer fundamentals critical in AT1 market, says Scope expired
- HSBC chief executive of Global Private Banking to retire expired
- UAE’s new expat laws could make it one of the world’s top ten financial hubs expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.