- FCA confirms greater access for SMEs to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Nomura settles case of RMBS securitised by US Subsidiaries with US Department of Justice
- Number of first-time buyers reaches its highest level since June 2017
- Thriving SMEs to bolster growth of alternative finance
- UK Finance supports FCA plan to extend access to Ombudsman Service to smaller firms
- Monese launches business account in the UK, with Europe to follow soon
- ‘Rom-cons’ costing love-struck Brits thousands, says Barclays expired
- High-cost lenders should reassess their operational procedures, says Huntswood expired
- Mastercard is the first network to make signatures optional expired
- Federal Reserve study finds US payments fraud small but growing expired
- CEOs of big banks pull out of Saudi conference expired
- Study shows regional disparity in terms of where Angel investors are based and where they invest expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”