- CMA's independent survey scores banks on quality of service
- VTB reaches agreement on the acquisition of Bank Vozrozhdenie
- House purchase activity slowed in June but remortgaging activity remains high, says UK Finance
- FCA makes it easier for customers to use and compare current accounts
- FreeAgent secures Open Banking registration from FCA
- New FCA rules double pressure on traditional banks to provide seamless service, says Intelenet
- Deutsche Bank Wealth Management steps up growth plans expired
- DevOps adoption will accelerate over the next two years in the financial services sector, finds Claranet expired
- NatWest and RBS launch 2018 Student Account expired
- Fundsquire hires new UK Managing Director expired
- Robo-advice will offer competitive advantage to traditional wealth managers, says GlobalData expired
- RBS launches the ‘100 Women’ event series expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”