- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Lloyd's first half aggregated market profit £0.6bn-combined ratio improves, investment income drops
- Standard & Poor's reports on Monte Rendez-Vous
- LMA launches new report-"InsurTech-led change in the Lloyd’s Market"
- Willis Towers Watson report says 71 InsurTech funding transactions in second quarter a record but $579m invested down 20%
- Over twenty insurance sector start-ups set to unveil their intention to form an alliance known as Insurtech UK.
- Accenture survey indicates financial services firms are closing the gap on cyber attacks, having stopped four in five of all breach attempts last year expired
- RMS and Cambridge Centre for Risk Studies(CCRS) announce the release of a new Data Definitions Document v1.0 for 14 different classes of insurance exposure which covers an estimated $554tr of total insured limits globally expired
- Willis Towers Watson announces Property Quantified, a first-of-its-kind technology platform to help organisations analyze potential property losses across a global portfolio with the aim of optimizing risk transfer and insurance strategies expired
- CII reduces gender pay gap expired
- ABI commissions new report-"Tackling the gender seniority gap: what works for the insurance and long-term savings industry" expired
- SSP becoms a signatory of both the Inclusive Behaviours in Insurance Pledge and the Tech Talent Charter expired
11th March 2018
Allianz appoints de la Sota to the Board of Management to assume the role of Chief Business Transformation Officer
The Supervisory Board of Allianz SE has appointed Iván de la Sota to the Board of Management to assume the role of Chief Business Transformation officer, effective 1st April. The new Board of Management division will support Allianz entities in exploiting business opportunities that arise from a growing demand for digital insurance and investment solutions among all customer groups. This will involve enhancing existing business models, introducing new models, and offering a flexible combination of personal advice and digital products and services.
The new Board of Management division, under the leadership of de la Sota, will also be responsible for the European direct insurance companies, the global business line Allianz Partners, and for the Iberian and Latin American region. De la Sota has been appointed to the Board of Management until 31st December 2020. De la Sota has been with Allianz for 27 years and was appointed ceo of the Iberian and Latin American region in November 2015. Previously, he spent four years as ceo of Allianz Spain.
Michael Diekmann, chairman of the Supervisory Board of Allianz SE, comments “By introducing this board function, Allianz emphasizes the importance of developing future-ready business models. Iván de la Sota has mastered such challenges several times before and has the capabilities to continue this on the group level.”
Oliver Bäte, ceo of Allianz SE, added "Iván de la Sota is a ceo with a proven track record in implementing fundamental changes in retail business models. Additionally, he understands how to increase productivity and customer satisfaction while keeping employees engaged. He will be able to build on the strong foundation laid by Solmaz Altin, who as chief Digital officer implemented our Digital Agenda over the last two years.”
The Supervisory Board of Allianz SE has also decided to extend the contracts of Sergio Balbinot and Axel Theis, both members of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, until 31st December 2020.
From April 1, 2018, Helga Jung, member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, will assume responsibility for the group-wide Human Resources function, Work and Social Welfare. This will be in addition to her other responsibilities.
Allianz Trends(703 articles)