- Chubb 's first quarter InFocus Report, "Cyber Criminals Increasingly Target Small Businesses" examines the emergence of new dominant strains of ransomware
- Geneva Association publishes new research Report-"Healthcare in Emerging Markets-Exploring the Protection Gaps"
- ABI welcomes Ogden first review
- CII New Generation Claims Group launch a landmark guide for the compensation of claims in the event of a riot
- Munich Re raises profit guidance to around E2.5bn for 2019-rise in dividend and further share buy-back programme to be proposed at AGM
- SCOR announces a range of senior appointments
- Duck Creek Technologies solutions selected by Australian-based Avant Mutual expired
- Majesco to acquire the India-based insurance software business from its parent company, Majesco Limited expired
- Majesco announce Carroll to lead European operation as Managing Director based in Dublin expired
- KW Specialty selects Sapiens Core Suite for Property & Casualty and ReinsurancePro expired
- MORE TH>N introduces new cashback scheme to help loyal customers offset the cost of renewing their insurance expired
- Antares appoints Campbell as Head of Financial Institutions at Antares Syndicate 1274 expired
11th March 2018
Allianz appoints de la Sota to the Board of Management to assume the role of Chief Business Transformation Officer
The Supervisory Board of Allianz SE has appointed Iván de la Sota to the Board of Management to assume the role of Chief Business Transformation officer, effective 1st April. The new Board of Management division will support Allianz entities in exploiting business opportunities that arise from a growing demand for digital insurance and investment solutions among all customer groups. This will involve enhancing existing business models, introducing new models, and offering a flexible combination of personal advice and digital products and services.
The new Board of Management division, under the leadership of de la Sota, will also be responsible for the European direct insurance companies, the global business line Allianz Partners, and for the Iberian and Latin American region. De la Sota has been appointed to the Board of Management until 31st December 2020. De la Sota has been with Allianz for 27 years and was appointed ceo of the Iberian and Latin American region in November 2015. Previously, he spent four years as ceo of Allianz Spain.
Michael Diekmann, chairman of the Supervisory Board of Allianz SE, comments “By introducing this board function, Allianz emphasizes the importance of developing future-ready business models. Iván de la Sota has mastered such challenges several times before and has the capabilities to continue this on the group level.”
Oliver Bäte, ceo of Allianz SE, added "Iván de la Sota is a ceo with a proven track record in implementing fundamental changes in retail business models. Additionally, he understands how to increase productivity and customer satisfaction while keeping employees engaged. He will be able to build on the strong foundation laid by Solmaz Altin, who as chief Digital officer implemented our Digital Agenda over the last two years.”
The Supervisory Board of Allianz SE has also decided to extend the contracts of Sergio Balbinot and Axel Theis, both members of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, until 31st December 2020.
From April 1, 2018, Helga Jung, member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, will assume responsibility for the group-wide Human Resources function, Work and Social Welfare. This will be in addition to her other responsibilities.
Allianz Trends(703 articles)