- FATC report recognises the UK’s role as a leader in the fight against money laundering
- InnoCells moves into the Mexican market through digital start-up
- Schroders strengthens alternatives with Schroder GAIA Helix
- FCA findings on long-term mortgage arrears a timely study, says Target Group
- Huobi gains Distributed Ledger Technology licence in Gibraltar
- Millennium BCP is making the branch of the future a reality
- Warwick Business School and Bank of England launch online postgraduate programme expired
- London-based Fintech Curve sees customer take-up soar expired
- Thomas Crown asks whether cryptocurrencies offer safe haven if global economy slows expired
- Aegon migrates over 400,000 savings and investment accounts using Ohpen expired
- Banks spend £5bn a year tackling economic crime, says UK Finance expired
- UK property market has continued to stall, says Yomdel expired
13th March 2018
FAB signs escrow agreement with RERA in Ras Al Khaimah
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has signed an escrow agreement with the Real Estate Regulatory Administration in Ras Al Khaimah (RERA-RAK). The agreement allows the bank to open and manage escrow accounts for developers of off-plan property projects in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
The agreement complies with the Amiri Decree No. 22 of 2008 and No. 10 of 2014 concerning Guarantee Accounts of Real Estate Development in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, which was issued to implement new real estate escrow regulations, with the objective of protecting real estate buyers and sellers through registering all projects and off-plan sales in Ras Al Khaimah.
Manoj Menon, Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Transaction Banking at FAB, said: “We are pleased to sign this escrow agreement, which will provide security, stability and transparency in the real estate market, increasing investor confidence.
"FAB’s decade of experience in escrow services enables us to provide focused support to the property sector, which will in turn promote the economic vision of Ras Al Khaimah. We look forward to working closely with developers and investors across the Emirate and providing new opportunities for our valued customers.”
H.E. Munther Mohammed Bin Shekar, Director-General of RAK Municipality, said: “The Laws regulating the real estate market in Ras Al Khaimah are a direct result of the efforts of the Real Estate Regulatory Administration to standardise the real estate sector in line with the highest global standards, in addition to providing a legislative umbrella to protect investors and stakeholders.
"Our efforts are aimed at attracting investments and enhancing the economic development and sustainable growth of the Emirate and our partnership with First Abu Dhabi Bank will help us in achieving our long-term goals.”