- FCA fines UBS £27.6m for transaction reporting failures
- S&P report says increasing disclosure could shine more light on bank resolvability
- Equfund relaunches Reap to address housing shortage
- Lloyds CEO gives up final salary pension after growing pressure
- Millennials are using "chat" to discuss investments with wealth managers, says GlobalData
- NatWest launches ‘Back Her Business’ female-only crowdfunding
- Barclays to sponsor the FA Women's Super League expired
- Cambridge & Counties joins National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers expired
- Lloyds commits over £9m to support SME apprenticeships in the UK expired
- Buy-to-let market beats gold, cash and fine art for investment returns, finds VeriSmart expired
- UK's wealthy frustrated by struggles with high-street banks, says BML expired
- Brexit has inflicted serious damage on UK financial services, says deVere expired
13th March 2018
FAB signs escrow agreement with RERA in Ras Al Khaimah
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has signed an escrow agreement with the Real Estate Regulatory Administration in Ras Al Khaimah (RERA-RAK). The agreement allows the bank to open and manage escrow accounts for developers of off-plan property projects in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
The agreement complies with the Amiri Decree No. 22 of 2008 and No. 10 of 2014 concerning Guarantee Accounts of Real Estate Development in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, which was issued to implement new real estate escrow regulations, with the objective of protecting real estate buyers and sellers through registering all projects and off-plan sales in Ras Al Khaimah.
Manoj Menon, Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Transaction Banking at FAB, said: “We are pleased to sign this escrow agreement, which will provide security, stability and transparency in the real estate market, increasing investor confidence.
"FAB’s decade of experience in escrow services enables us to provide focused support to the property sector, which will in turn promote the economic vision of Ras Al Khaimah. We look forward to working closely with developers and investors across the Emirate and providing new opportunities for our valued customers.”
H.E. Munther Mohammed Bin Shekar, Director-General of RAK Municipality, said: “The Laws regulating the real estate market in Ras Al Khaimah are a direct result of the efforts of the Real Estate Regulatory Administration to standardise the real estate sector in line with the highest global standards, in addition to providing a legislative umbrella to protect investors and stakeholders.
"Our efforts are aimed at attracting investments and enhancing the economic development and sustainable growth of the Emirate and our partnership with First Abu Dhabi Bank will help us in achieving our long-term goals.”