- FCA outlines the measures it will take to protect consumers and sets out when and how the organisation takes action
- OnDot/YouGov survey indicates that UK adults are ready for real-time interaction with their banks
- FSB publishes report to G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors on its work with standard-setting bodies on Crypto-assets
- Cryptocurrencies now “undeniably part of mainstream finance” says deVere Group CEO Green
- Goldman Sachs announces Blankfein retirement-Solomon to succeed as Chairman and CEO
- BlackFin largest independent FinTech fund in Europe after completing a E180m final closing
- Fenergo Client Lifecycle Management solutions selected for The FinTech50 2018. expired
- UK FinTech PayBreak secures additional £15m of funding with specialist banking group Paragon expired
- Danske Bank announces first half result and updates on Estonia investigation expired
- Moneysupermarket on track for first six months-introduces new mortgage FinTech Podium expired
- Arbuthnot reports strong first half expired
- Goldman Sachs post strongest first half return in nine years expired
15th May 2018
Barclays returns as Pride in London headline partner for fifth year
For the fifth year in a row, Barclays is the headline partner for Pride in London, helping to champion and support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT+) community. The bank has been a partner of Pride in London since 2013 and first became the lead sponsor in 2014. The long-term relationship underlines Barclays’ ongoing commitment to championing diversity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond.
Pride in London now attracts over a million people to central London each year, having grown in scale and ambition to become one of the world’s largest Pride events. It provides a platform to campaign for the extension of LGBT+ rights and acceptance at home and abroad. This year’s Parade through the capital will take place on 7th July, 2018.
Mark McLane, Barclays’ Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, said: “Pride in London is a highlight of the LGBT+ calendar in the UK and a key element in our own programme of activities in support of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are delighted to be continuing our support as headline sponsor. Our on-going relationship with Pride, both in London and across the UK, is just one of the ways in which we show our commitment to the LGBT+ community.
“At Barclays we want our colleagues, customers and clients to feel free to express who they are at all times. We’ve made great strides internally in creating an inclusive global workplace, but we want to go further. By supporting Pride in London, we’re saying ‘this is who we are’ and we want to encourage everyone else to be able to say who they are, without fear.”
Polly Shute, Director of Sponsorship and Partnerships, Pride in London, said: “Barclays has been a long-term partner of Pride in London. As well as supporting us financially, they have helped with providing meeting spaces, support for community groups and their teams volunteer on parade day to assist with banking all the donations we take. We are extremely pleased to have them as our headline partner, along with the Mayor of London, for a fifth year.”
Alongside the support of Pride in London and across the UK, during 2018 Barclays is also supporting New York City Pride and Tokyo Rainbow Pride.