- FirstBank and Azuri to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Research finds banks’ leveraged loan pipeline could pose a threat to financial stability
- CrowdBureau launches P2P lending and equity crowdfunding index
- UK Finance responds to Which? call for a new 'cash' regulator
- Treasury Committee publishes correspondence from FOS about economic crime
- An IFISA is as the perfect middle ground for saving, according to Zopa
- Banks to invest heavily in updating legacy systems to combat challenger banks expired
- MetaBank® launches faster payments platform with Mastercard Send expired
- Leeds adds no-fee, fixed-rate mortgage to retirement interest-only market expired
- ABN AMRO results impacted by cost of anti-money laundering safeguards expired
- Crédit Agricole’s net income sees sharp rise in 2018 expired
- Credit Suisse Group reports first annual post-tax profit since 2014 expired
12th June 2018
New CEO for BNY Mellon Wealth Management
BNY Mellon has appointed Catherine M. Keating as Chief Executive Officer of BNY Mellon Wealth Management and member of the Executive Committee. Ms Keating will join on 9th July, 2018, and will report directly to BNY Mellon Investment Management CEO, Mitchell Harris. She will also join Investment Management's Leadership Team and be based in New York.
Ms Keating will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of BNY Mellon's wealth management business. This includes ongoing expansion of a diverse range of world-class capabilities to clients in new wealth markets, investing in client segments and digital capabilities and continuing to attract and develop top talent.
"Catherine is a seasoned CEO with a strong track record in leading wealth management and asset management organisations," said Mr Harris. "Throughout her career, she has demonstrated the leadership skills that we're confident will make themselves immediately and deeply felt by our staff and clients. We are delighted with Catherine's arrival, and I look forward to partnering with her to advance the growth of our wealth management offering and capabilities for clients."
Since February 2015, Ms Keating most recently served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Commonfund, a non-profit, global institutional asset manager serving endowments, foundations and public sector investors. Previously, she enjoyed nearly two decades of experience at JPMorgan Chase, including roles as Head of Investment Management Americas (2011-2015), CEO of the US Private Bank (2005-2011), Global Head of Fiduciary and Wealth Advisory Services (2002-2005), and President of JP Morgan Trust Company of Delaware and the Mid-Atlantic Region (1996-2002).
Ms Keating said: "This is a transformational time for the wealth management industry, and I'm thrilled with the opportunity to lead BNY Mellon's Wealth Management business. Throughout my career, I have been privileged to work with complex and growing businesses, strong and diverse leadership teams, and significant clients. I look forward to joining BNY Mellon and the Wealth Management team, and contributing to this great organization to serve our clients."