- European Parliament votes to adopt an agreement reached between the EU institutions regarding the review of the European system of financial supervision
- S&P reviews European run-off market
- PRA issues Policy Statement on approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change
- Confused.com/Willis Towers Watson latest survey indicates UK comprehensive car insurance premiums down compared with a year ago
- Horwich Farrelly highlights the potential pitfalls for insurance providers focusing too heavily on claims acceptance league tables
- BIBA appoints Magenta to provide its members with a scheme to help customers protect themselves against Escape of Water(EOW) in the home
- Medscheme creates modern decision platform which reviews some 400,000 claim lines per day powered by a FICO solution expired
- InsurData secures a further $3m funding from a group of investors expired
- Lemonade raises £300m in latest investment round expired
- Portabl picked by the Plug and Play innovation platform to join its InsurTech Batch of innovative companies expired
- Sapiens announces upgrade to IDITSuite solution expired
- BIBA appoints Blundell to a new position as Head of General insurance expired
11th July 2018
SCOR consolidates specialty insurance platform in the London Market-appointments announced
SCOR Global P&C has announced the consolidation of its specialty insurance platform in the London Market. The platform will offer either company(SCOR) or Lloyd’s paper or a combination of both to its growing customer base.
Stuart McMurdo, who was appointed ceo of SCOR UK on 1st April, will be appointed ceo of The Channel Managing Agency, the Managing Agency of the Channel Syndicate, with effect from 1st September. He will succeed David Reed, who retires on 31st August. Reed will continue as a non-executive director of The Channel Managing Agency.
Tom Corfield, existing Active Underwriter of the Channel Syndicate, has been appointed to the additional role of cuo of SCOR UK.
Both McMurdo and Corfield have joined the Board of Directors of SCOR UK and their appointments have been approved by the regulators.
Laurent Rousseau, deputy-CEO of SCOR Global P&C, comments “The appointments of Stuart McMurdo and Tom Corfield in their dual roles at SCOR UK, The Channel Managing Agency and the Channel Syndicate represent a key step towards the consolidation and strengthening of SCOR Global P&C’s specialty commercial lines insurance platform in the London Market. A unified senior management team with oversight across a single, strong insurance platform in the London Market will significantly enhance our presence in the market and our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs through tailored solutions, while improving our ability to provide a global offering by federating the means and expertise of our teams throughout the world.”
SCOR Trends(284 articles)