- TSB announces UK’s first fraud refund guarantee to protect customers
- Fed Board fines Standard Chartered for unsafe and unsound practices
- Santander offers to acquire the minority shareholders’ interests in Santander Mexico
- Signature Bank of Georgia begins trading on OTC Pink Market
- UniCredit to sell Italian consumer, unsecured, non-performing credit portfolio
- Credit Suisse creates Asia Pacific Trading Solutions
- Professor Kashyap and Michael Saunders reappointed to BoE Policy Committees expired
- Citi Q1 2019 results reflect progress on improving return on, and return of capital expired
- Goldman Sachs boss pleased with Q1 2019 performance expired
- JP Morgan publishes record results for Q1 2019 expired
- Wells Fargo Q1 2019 results show continued strong credit performance expired
- Brits use slang words for money, but few know what they actually mean expired
14th September 2018
Santander re-brands its retail network in Poland
Santander has re-branded its Polish affiliate. Over the past weekend, the branch network of Bank Zachodni WBK (BZ WBK), as well as its customer service and banking channels and its web page and ATMs, changed to the Santander brand.
The new brand projects a modern image of innovation and strength, while maintaining the bank’s local character and roots. The bank will maintain its current strategy in Poland with the aim to help people and businesses prosper and to be the best bank in Poland.
The Executive Chairman of Banco Santander, Ana Botín, said: “The Santander name has been recognised as a symbol of trust and credibility for over 160 years. Today the brand is known to millions of people across Europe and the Americas, and represents the ‘simple, personal and fair’ values that lie at the heart of everything we do.
"Poland is one of our core markets, and is a country with incredible talent and potential. We are extremely proud to serve 6.5 million customers here. The decision to introduce the Santander brand in Poland demonstrates how important the business is to the group, and reflects our commitment to helping people and businesses in Poland prosper.”
According to Gerry Byrne, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Santander Bank Polska, “We are proud of all the successes we have achieved as BZ WBK, and now with our new image we are going to strengthen our competitive position in the market. The Santander brand reflects values such as stability and tradition, but also smoothly corresponds with the digital reality we all live in. I am convinced, that the combination of these attributes makes Santander Bank Polska the bank customers want”.
In 2013, the retail network of BZ WBK incorporated the Santander Group as part of its brand and started offering Santander products and services to its corporate and private banking clients so they would become familiarised with the brand.