- FCA publishes findings on long-term mortgage arrears
- New anti-text message fraud initiative launched
- Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
- Mastercard and Microsoft join forces to advance digital identity innovations
- Barclays provides new ‘lipspeaker’ service for deaf and hard of hearing customers
- Majority of the UK has set a savings goal, but it could take years to reach, says Aldermore
- lastminute.com to offer new multi-currency Visa card expired
- UK investors more cautious than global counterparts, according to Schroders’ study expired
- Santander launches Private Wealth initiative expired
- Monese to offer free ‘Premium’ UK & European Current Accounts to Dual UK/EU Citizens expired
- Google Pay now available to UniCredit's customers in Italy expired
- Cyber-resilience: range of practices report issued by the Basel Committee expired
9th October 2018
Barclays launches new fund for graduates seeking employment
To help graduates focus on securing their first pay cheque, rather than worrying about what they will have to pay out, Barclays has launched its first ever Graduate Fund, with up to £20k available to help those seeking employment after university.
UK graduates who left college or university in 2018 can apply for up to £550 from the fund to cover costs associated with finding their first job, including clothing, travel and training
Josie Clapham, Managing Director, Community Banking at Barclays, said: “Graduating from university and starting your first job should be a really exciting time, but the associated costs can be daunting for many – particularly when those finishing their studies in 2018 are estimated to have accumulated over £50k of debt.
“We understand how stressful and challenging this time can be for new graduates, and we want them to be able to focus on finding the job that's right for them – rather than fretting about whether they can afford to attend an interview. We hope the Barclays Graduate Fund will go some way to support graduates as they take their next steps and look forward to a bright future.”
The Barclays Graduate Fund hopes to support job-seeking graduates looking to move forward from education into their chosen careers. The deadline for applications is Friday 19th October.