- Swiss Re Institute's annual SONAR report features 15 emerging risk themes and 5 emerging trend spotlights the re/insurance industry needs to have on its radar
- PRA publish "A framework for assessing financial impacts of physical climate change: A practitioner’s aide for the general insurance sector"
- PRA issues "Solvency II: Maintenance of the transitional measure on technical provisions - CP11/19"
- Insurance Europe publishes 2018-2019 Annual Report
- £30m unsettled insurance claim could save British Steel from going into administration says Mactavish
- Accelerated delivery of leading-edge technology capabilities key theme at Guidewire Europe Conference
- AnaCap takes a majority stake in SundhedsGruppen expired
- Madison Dearborn Partners(MDP) and HPS Investment Partners(HPS) have agreed to acquire shares in The Ardonagh Group for a total consideration of £92m expired
- Ariel Re appoints O'Flynn head of professional lines and casualty treaty underwriting–Bermuda expired
- Beazley appoints Spessard to head the team responsible for handling claims arising from the company's fast growing environmental liability business expired
- CNA Hardy announces significant enhancements to its Cyber proposition with a new pre-breach service and vital additional coverages expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations makes a strategic investment in FairClaims, an online insurance and consumer dispute resolution startup expired
10th October 2018
LMA survey of senior claims personnel says top three priorities are brand reputation, automation and straight-through processing
Brand reputation, automation and straight-through processing are the top three priorities of claims leaders in the Lloyd’s market, a survey commissioned by the Lloyd’s Market Association(LMA) reveals.
The research provides a comprehensive picture of the concerns, opinions, and priorities of the market’s most senior claims personnel.
The study revealed the following significant findings:
-By a very great distance, the highest priority for claims heads is their managing agency’s claims brand and reputation. More than 90% selected this as a top-three priority.
-Straight-through processing, particularly regarding delegated authority claims, is respondents’ second-highest priority.
-Automation is seen as an immediate necessity within market-wide modernisation.
Tony Rai, head of London Market Claims at Hiscox and chair of the LMA Claims Committee (LMACC), comments “Canvassing the opinion of three quarters of all heads of claims at Lloyd’s managing agents has clearly highlighted the challenges ahead and the pace of change that is currently being demanded of claims departments. The LMACC undertook this detailed study to gain a clearer understanding of the fast-changing claims landscape, which will enable us to prioritise our efforts to best support the claims community within Lloyd’s.”
Lloyd's Trends(2615 articles)