- FCA publishes findings on long-term mortgage arrears
- New anti-text message fraud initiative launched
- Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
- Mastercard and Microsoft join forces to advance digital identity innovations
- Barclays provides new ‘lipspeaker’ service for deaf and hard of hearing customers
- Majority of the UK has set a savings goal, but it could take years to reach, says Aldermore
- lastminute.com to offer new multi-currency Visa card expired
- UK investors more cautious than global counterparts, according to Schroders’ study expired
- Santander launches Private Wealth initiative expired
- Monese to offer free ‘Premium’ UK & European Current Accounts to Dual UK/EU Citizens expired
- Google Pay now available to UniCredit's customers in Italy expired
- Cyber-resilience: range of practices report issued by the Basel Committee expired
9th November 2018
deVere launches actively managed cryptocurrency solution
A pioneering actively managed cryptocurrency solution has been launched. The deVere Group has founded the deVere Digital Asset Funds, a suite of digital currency solutions for experienced investors, in association with Dalma Capital Management, a hedge fund manager in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, said: “Cryptocurrencies are now undeniably part of mainstream finance. Their momentum continues to gain traction as both retail and institutional investors increasingly value the need and demand for digital, global currencies in today’s ever-more digitalised and globalised world.
“The crypto market continues to expand considerably, with mass adoption on the horizon. These actively managed cryptocurrency solutions address growing demand by clients who want the potential associated benefits of exposure to the digital currency sector - which typically include portfolio diversification and decent returns - but with reduced volatility for which the market is known.
“The deVere Digital Asset solution will invest in a diversified portfolio of digital assets via algorithmic trading over different platforms – including crypto-currency exchanges and OTC markets – as well as arbitrage opportunities.
“Through a ground-breaking algorithmic system, when the price of one asset, for instance Bitcoin or Ethereum, is greater on one platform than on another, the opportunity is identified to generate profit from the difference of price across platforms. These trades, referred to as arbitrage, allow profits to be generated with little or no directional market risk.”
The deVere Digital Asset Platform is to be showcased at the forthcoming Alternative Investment Management (AIM) Summit taking place in Dubai on 26-27 November at the Ritz Carlton hotel.