- European Parliament votes to adopt an agreement reached between the EU institutions regarding the review of the European system of financial supervision
- S&P reviews European run-off market
- PRA issues Policy Statement on approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change
- Confused.com/Willis Towers Watson latest survey indicates UK comprehensive car insurance premiums down compared with a year ago
- Horwich Farrelly highlights the potential pitfalls for insurance providers focusing too heavily on claims acceptance league tables
- BIBA appoints Magenta to provide its members with a scheme to help customers protect themselves against Escape of Water(EOW) in the home
- Medscheme creates modern decision platform which reviews some 400,000 claim lines per day powered by a FICO solution expired
- InsurData secures a further $3m funding from a group of investors expired
- Lemonade raises £300m in latest investment round expired
- Portabl picked by the Plug and Play innovation platform to join its InsurTech Batch of innovative companies expired
- Sapiens announces upgrade to IDITSuite solution expired
- BIBA appoints Blundell to a new position as Head of General insurance expired
10th February 2019
Lloyd's appoint Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network
Lloyd’s has confirmed the appointment of David Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network, where he will play a key advisory role in the development of Lloyd’s international network.
He will take up the position at Lloyd’s immediately. With extensive international industry experience spanning four decades across a number of executive roles, including ceo of QBE North America(2013-2016) and Chief Executive of XL Group’s global insurance operations(2008-2011),Duclos’s non-executive director appointment further bolsters Lloyd’s leadership team following the appointment of cfo Burkhard Keese.
John Neal, ceo of Lloyd’s, comments “Dave is a fantastic asset to Lloyd’s and I’m delighted he has agreed to join us. He brings with him an incredible wealth of knowledge and insight which will be of huge value in the months ahead as we put in place a new geographical focus, concentrating on the developed markets that have the greatest potential for future growth.
We’ll be looking at new opportunities in the US, in Europe through Lloyd’s Brussels, together with those emerging markets where we are likely to see the best return on our investment. Dave’s leadership and expertise will ensure that Lloyd’s is better positioned to maximise these opportunities.”
Duclos added “I am pleased to be joining Lloyd’s in this advisory capacity at a period of great opportunity for the market, and to work closely with the Lloyd’s leadership team. Lloyd’s international network is a strong and much-admired asset for the market and I will bring my experiences in global insurance to further strengthen Lloyd’s position in the US and across the world.”
Lloyd's Trends(2,637 articles)