- Nomura to pay misled bond customers $25m to settle SEC charges
- Finance sector joins to back British business women
- Juniper forecasts mobile money transactions will exceed 200 billion by 2024
- Santander opens its first Work Café in the UK
- A managed migration to SCA is best for consumers, says UK Finance
- Apple Pay is coming to Monese customers in Hungary & Czech Republic
- Paragon offers new range of buy-to-let mortgages expired
- Santander successfully completes integration of Banco Popular's branches expired
- Insignis and PIMFA partner to provide platform for customer relations expired
- Barclays launches Silicon Valley programme to help grow UK start-ups expired
- UK Finance releases mortgage trends update for May 2019 expired
- RBS named as a Top Global Employer for LGBT people by Stonewall expired
12th February 2019
TheCityUK appoints HSBC’s Mark Tucker as Chairman of its Board
TheCityUK has appointed Mark Tucker, Group Chairman of HSBC, as the new Chairman of its Board. He will succeed John McFarlane, who will step down on 31st May, 2019. Mr Tucker will lead TheCityUK Board, working closely with TheCityUK Advisory Council Chairman, Paul Manduca, and the executive team to progress TheCityUK’s mission to ensure that the UK remains a competitive and attractive world-leading centre for international financial and related professional services.
In his career of more than 30 years, Mr Tucker has worked across many of the individual elements of the financial and related professional services ecosystem that TheCityUK represents. He has headed world-leading businesses in the UK, Asia, US and Africa and will bring invaluable experience and insight to TheCityUK, its members and the wider industry.
Mr Tucker said: "I am very pleased to succeed John and to have the opportunity to lead TheCityUK Board at such an important time for the industry. We are facing a period of transformation driven by changing international relationships and technology and we must work together to secure the future of the UK’s international competitiveness.
"We also have the ongoing challenge of demonstrating the purpose and value that our industry brings to the people we serve and the communities in which we operate. I really look forward to working with fellow members and with the team at TheCityUK to deliver this important agenda.
"I would like to pay tribute to the tremendous job that John has done leading TheCityUK through a challenging time for the UK and for our industry. On behalf of everyone involved in TheCityUK I offer our heartfelt thanks and best wishes.”
Mr McFarlane said: "TheCityUK has played a vital role in recent years. It has brought the industry together on critical issues such as Brexit, its future skills and talent needs, the value of our growing regional and national financial centres and on building on our success as Britain’s most successful export industry.
"I have greatly enjoyed my time as Chairman of the Board. I am delighted to pass the baton to Mark, one of our industry’s most outstanding and respected figures.”