- Swiss Re Institute's annual SONAR report features 15 emerging risk themes and 5 emerging trend spotlights the re/insurance industry needs to have on its radar
- PRA publish "A framework for assessing financial impacts of physical climate change: A practitioner’s aide for the general insurance sector"
- PRA issues "Solvency II: Maintenance of the transitional measure on technical provisions - CP11/19"
- Insurance Europe publishes 2018-2019 Annual Report
- £30m unsettled insurance claim could save British Steel from going into administration says Mactavish
- Accelerated delivery of leading-edge technology capabilities key theme at Guidewire Europe Conference
- AnaCap takes a majority stake in SundhedsGruppen expired
- Madison Dearborn Partners(MDP) and HPS Investment Partners(HPS) have agreed to acquire shares in The Ardonagh Group for a total consideration of £92m expired
- Ariel Re appoints O'Flynn head of professional lines and casualty treaty underwriting–Bermuda expired
- Beazley appoints Spessard to head the team responsible for handling claims arising from the company's fast growing environmental liability business expired
- CNA Hardy announces significant enhancements to its Cyber proposition with a new pre-breach service and vital additional coverages expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations makes a strategic investment in FairClaims, an online insurance and consumer dispute resolution startup expired
13th March 2019
Hannover Re announces launch of hr|equarium-an innovation pool exclusive to Hannover Re's global network of insurance clients which facilitates connections with innovative InsurTech partners
Hannover Re has announced the launch of hr|equarium-an innovation pool exclusive to Hannover Re's global network of insurance clients which facilitates connections with innovative InsurTech partners.
The online platform provides access to a diverse range of solutions spanning the entire value chain, propelling the insurance industry forward by making it easier to find and implement new technology.
"We bridge the gap between insurtechs and insurers, because currently the industry has a matching problem," said Claude Chèvre, the responsible member of Hannover Re's Executive Board. "It's difficult for insurers to uncover and select the right solutions. We not only make it simpler to identify the technologies that will add the most value to an insurer's business, but we and the platform community can rate these solutions and quantify their impact, so clients can be confident in approaching them."
"On the other side, new technology providers can struggle to get their foot in the door with insurance firms, or to position their solutions in a way that really resonates," Chèvre said. "We help our select community of InsurTech partners to refine their value propositions, and we offer the strength of our global footprint and trusted reputation in the market."
Digital disruption, shifting demographics and evolving buyer preferences have created a challenging operating environment for insurers. With hr|equarium, Hannover Re offers easy access to product and distribution innovations that are crucial factors for insurers to stay ahead of their competition and to meet consumer needs.
Hannover Re's InsurTech innovation platform bridges the gap between digital innovators and insurance companies, helping to shape the future of insurance. hr|equarium features two solution types, standard and verified. Insurtechs with a market-ready and legally compliant B2B insurance offering may qualify for inclusion on the site. Verified solutions must meet additional criteria and are selected at the sole discretion of Hannover Re. As a global reinsurer, Hannover Re is ideally positioned to host an innovation platform allowing InsurTechs to market their technology solutions exclusively to Hannover Re clients.
Hannover Re Trends(196 articles)