- GlobalData survey highlights growth in UK consumers purchasing household insurance online
- Digital Risks launches new version of its Quote & Bind (Q&B) journey
- EIOPA requests Insurance Undertakings to provide information in the context of its 4th Long-Term Guarantees Report and the 2020 Solvency II Review
- R&Q US subsidiary enters into another program partnership
- QIC Global to use Sequel’s Impact system to deliver flexibility and functionality in order to capture and aggregate complex cyber exposures
- VIenna pre-tax profit up around 10% for 2018
- LV= announces plans to convert to a company limited by guarantee-2018 profit before tax down due to deteriorating financial markets expired
- LMA CEO states “Sexual harassment is simply indefensible in any workplace and all instances should be dealt with swiftly and appropriately" expired
- Beazley Breach Response Services publishes latest annual report expired
- Royal London CEO Loney bullish after 2018 result expired
- Hansard Global selects Majesco cloud-based solutions expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
13th March 2019
Shift Technology closes C-round investment of $60m bringing total investment in the company to $100m
Shift Technology, a provider of AI-native solutions for the global insurance industry, today announced the company has closed a C-round investment of $60m, bringing total investment in the company to $100m. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round and was joined by previous investors including Accel, General Catalyst and Iris Capital. The investment will support the company’s expansion, bolstering Shift’s existing global presence, particularly in the US and Japanese markets, as well as R&D and new product development.
“We are thrilled to partner with the Shift team. They have built a powerful AI platform that is transforming the insurance market and we are confident that they are just getting started,” explained Charles Birnbaum, partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. “The Shift team has already had a great deal of success with carriers all over the world and we are excited to support their next phase of growth as they help their customers navigate the digital transformation that is now in full swing in this industry.”
Since its founding in 2014, Shift Technology has experienced exceptional global growth. The company’s more than 200 employees serve clients across Europe, Asia and the Americas from its headquarters in Paris and offices in Boston, Tokyo, London, Hong Kong, Madrid, Singapore, Toronto and Zurich.
FORCE, Shift’s fraud detection solution, is in use by insurers around the world across all lines of business. The solution has analyzed hundreds of millions of claims to identify potential fraud, giving fraud handlers a powerful decision-making platform specifically designed to scale their capacity and add greater efficiency to claims processing.
This new funding will support continued evolution of Shift’s fraud detection solutions and enable the company to accelerate product development focused on automating the entire claims process for carriers and their customers. Shift will provide a claims automation solution that mitigates the increased fraud risks and other unique challenges of high-volume, low-touch claims analysis. This will enable carriers to provide an exceptional customer experience by confidently delivering straight through processing at greater scale than previously possible. AXA Spain, a long-time Shift client and early adopter of the company’s solutions, is already benefiting from Shift’s innovations in the claim automation space.
In addition to supporting new product innovation, this latest funding round will be used to drive go-to-market strategies in key geographies. The company is expanding its US headquarters in Boston and its offices in Tokyo, and plans to hire for positions including data scientists, developers, and sales and marketing professionals. In just over four years, the company counts many of the world’s leading insurance brands as clients. These notable companies include AG2R LA MONDIALE, CNA Financial Corporation, Credit Agricole Pacifica & Spirica, Covéa, Harmonie Mutuelle Groupe VYV, Liberty Mutual, MACIF, MS&AD Insurance Group, P&V Group, and the General Insurance Association of Singapore and the Hong Kong Federation of Insurers, among more than 70 clients in over 25 countries.
“I’m incredibly proud of what our team–with the support of an amazing board of directors–has been able to accomplish in a relatively short time,” stated Jeremy Jawish, ceo and co-founder, Shift Technology. “Our AI-native technology is helping the world’s leading insurance companies inject greater efficiency and accuracy into their systems. We’re supporting their digital transformation strategies and helping them improve customer satisfaction. We strongly believe that AI can benefit so many more aspects of the claims process and of the insurance policy lifecycle overall. With this investment, we’re well positioned for our next phase of growth and development.”
Shift Technology Trends(8 articles)