- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- PRA publishes Solvency II Consultation Paper
- Insurance Europe and other EU industry associations raise concerns regarding application timeline for new EU disclosure rules for sustainable investments and risks
- S&P Global Ratings welcomes latest amendments to IRFS 17
- Charles Taylor board backs cash offer of £261m from LMP Bidco
- NeuralMetrics, a InsurTech data provider using natural language processing(NLP) technologies to power a real-time, alternative data engine for general insurers, announces official launch
- Duck Creek Technologies announces that it has been recognized as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Insurance Platforms, North America-its fifth consecutive time expired
- GlobalData says start-up Found has the potential to reduce claims in contents insurance expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations invests in US digital MGU Coterie-its tenth investment expired
- FCA appoints Howard as executive director of Risk and Compliance Oversight(R&CO) expired
- Lloyd's appoints Sansom as CRO-Chief People Officer Andrews to leave expired
- Ascent Underwriting appoints Western as CUO expired
9th June 2019
EIOPA launches consultation on a draft opinion on sustainability within Solvency II
The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) has launched a consultation on a draft opinion on sustainability within Solvency II. The draft opinion forms part of EIOPA's strategic activities on sustainable finance and follows a call for opinion from the European Commission. The consultation runs until 26th July 2019.
The draft opinion aims at integrating sustainability risks, in particular those related to climate change, in the investment and underwriting practices of (re)insurers. The opinion addresses the valuation of assets and liabilities, assesses current investment and underwriting practices and seeks to contribute to the integration of sustainability risks in market risks and natural catastrophe underwriting risks for the solvency capital requirements for standard formula and internal model users.
The draft opinion builds on EIOPA's Technical Advice on the integration of sustainability risks and factors in the delegated acts under the Solvency II Directive and the Insurance Distribution Directive.
EIOPA Trends(393 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,634 mentions in Insurance Newslink)