- Hundreds of communities struggling to access cash, warns ‘Which?’
- David Miller to succeed James L. Amine as CEO of Credit Suisse IBCM
- Financial sector shuns younger workers as employers prefer older generation
- Payments industry deals in September 2019 total $404.14m globally
- Buy-to-let borrowing stable despite slowdown in mortgage market, says Paragon
- Atlas Group partners with Morphis for cash services
- Mastercard partners with BMO Harris and Superbia to bring new feature to their cards expired
- Coutts Index reveals fall in London prime property prices expired
- Credit card surge expected as Black Friday looms, says Moneyfacts expired
- MarketInvoice changes to MarketFinance, reflecting its wider lending choices expired
- Barclays sees phenomenal increase in TV and film production funding expired
- allpay.cards designs and manufactures Caxton’s new Sterling card expired
9th July 2019
Monese and PayPal partner to expand access to financial tools
Monese is to collaborate with PayPal that expands access to financial tools and the global economy for Monese customers. As a first step, customers will be able to easily manage and use their Monese and PayPal accounts together. Monese customers will benefit from a number of new features that will make it simpler to manage money in their PayPal account through Monese and use Monese in their PayPal digital wallet to pay online, on mobile and in app.
Monese customers will be able to seamlessly add a Monese card to their PayPal digital wallet so that they can send money to and buy from PayPal’s consumers and merchants around the world. Customers can easily select Monese as their preferred way to pay within the PayPal wallet. In addition, Monese customers will be able to manage their PayPal balance and transaction history in the Monese mobile app.
This means Monese customers can manage money in their PayPal account, alongside their other finances and payments, from within the Monese app. These features are now available to Monese personal account customers in the UK, and will be coming to the rest of Europe, as well as Monese Business customers in the coming months.
Norris Koppel, CEO and founder of Monese, said: “We are delighted to make it easier for our customers to connect to PayPal, wherever they may be in the world. We serve a fast-growing and incredibly international audience who travel the world for study, work, family, or retirement, and are avid PayPal users. These customers increasingly expect the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. Through our partnership with PayPal, our customers will have greater choice and more access to doing business around the world.”
Jennifer Marriner, VP of global markets and partnerships of PayPal, said: “This partnership furthers our mission to democratise financial services. We work with innovators like Monese, so people outside the traditional financial system can use our tools to thrive in the global economy. Many of Monese’s customers use it as a primary financial account and we look forward to serving them on our platform as we continue to partner on new services and experiences.”