- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Allianz to acquire automobile and other p&c operations from SulAmérica in Brazil
- FCA says Claims Management Companies must raise advertising standards
- GlobalData research highlights travel insurance purchase through a bank account is well established and is likely to grow
- GlobalData survey indicates high use of telematics by younger drivers but they still pay more than double the average premium
- MS Amlin commences trading risks on Whitespace
- ISMIE Mutual, a US specialized provider of medical professional liability insurance, selects Duck Creek Suite to replace core systems expired
- Sapiens ClaimsGo workers' comp solution selected by SI Medical expired
- Shift Technology joins Guidewire PartnerConnect as a Solution partner expired
- Geneva Association Ernst Meyer Prize granted to two participants expired
- HDI Global announces Betz appointment to Management Board to continue generation change policy expired
- China Life reports half year financials-improved return all round expired
11th August 2019
Greenlight Re makes strategic investment in Handdii, a Melbourne-based property insurance claims fulfilment platform
Greenlight Re Innovations has announced it has made a strategic investment in Handdii, a property insurance claims fulfilment platform.
Melbourne, Australia based Handdii is reinventing property claim processes by seamlessly pairing insurance companies with contractors and ensuring that all parties involved in the claim process receive real-time updates. Handdii’s platform focuses on routine property claims, which, under the traditional insurance model, demand significant time and resources to administer. Handdii’s platform significantly reduces both claims handling costs and repair time, while dramatically improving the customer experience.
Handdii’s co-founders, ceo Christie Downs and coo Kathryn Wood, each have 10 years’ experience in property insurance claims. Wood led the Motor and Property Claims division of one of the largest insurance companies in Australia. Christie, as National Sales director of a large construction firm, spearheaded exponential revenue growth while working closely with insurance companies in order to understand their needs.
Greenlight Re ceo Simon Burton, comments “Handdii has created a technology platform that bridges the gap between the construction and insurance industries, eliminating the pain points that arise under the traditional model. With experience in both industries, Handdii has identified a solution to a niche problem. We look forward to working with the Handdii team and supporting the platform as it grows.”
Downs added “We set out to secure a strategic investor to support the high-speed growth of taking Handdii to a global stage-Greenlight Re Innovations have both the industry expertise and credibility we were after.” “This capital raise enables great momentum for product development essential for our entry into both the New Zealand and US markets,” added Kathryn Wood.
Handdii represents the twelfth strategic investment made by GRI.
Greenlight Re Trends(18 articles)