- Lloyd's announces key appointments for the governance and delivery of the Future at Lloyd’s Blueprint One programme together with confirmation of the raising of £300m of senior debt to fund the transformation
- Insurance Europe new publication-"Why Insurance" urges policymakers to make sure the industry’s special features are taken into account when developing insurance regulation
- Geneva Association Women in Insurance Award launched
- CII PublicTrust survey indicates UK consumers want action on renewal pricing
- Willis Towers Watson launches ResQ Financial Reporter, an out-of-the-box software solution designed to help P&C insurers implement IFRS 17
- Duck Creek announces that four leading investment firms have invested $120m in the company
- FRISS to partner with National Insurance Crime Bureau(NICB) expired
- City Insurance shows impressive growth expired
- Canopius appointsTongue as underwriter, trade & political risk expired
- Hannover Re and Global Parametrics in partnership with BMZ and KfW to form Natural Disaster Fund(NDF) Deutschland expired
- Victor Insurance Holdings announces approval from Lloyd’s to establish Victor Syndicate 2288 and commence underwriting effective 1st January expired
- BMS announces appointments to its US reinsurance team expired
11th August 2019
Greenlight Re makes strategic investment in Handdii, a Melbourne-based property insurance claims fulfilment platform
Greenlight Re Innovations has announced it has made a strategic investment in Handdii, a property insurance claims fulfilment platform.
Melbourne, Australia based Handdii is reinventing property claim processes by seamlessly pairing insurance companies with contractors and ensuring that all parties involved in the claim process receive real-time updates. Handdii’s platform focuses on routine property claims, which, under the traditional insurance model, demand significant time and resources to administer. Handdii’s platform significantly reduces both claims handling costs and repair time, while dramatically improving the customer experience.
Handdii’s co-founders, ceo Christie Downs and coo Kathryn Wood, each have 10 years’ experience in property insurance claims. Wood led the Motor and Property Claims division of one of the largest insurance companies in Australia. Christie, as National Sales director of a large construction firm, spearheaded exponential revenue growth while working closely with insurance companies in order to understand their needs.
Greenlight Re ceo Simon Burton, comments “Handdii has created a technology platform that bridges the gap between the construction and insurance industries, eliminating the pain points that arise under the traditional model. With experience in both industries, Handdii has identified a solution to a niche problem. We look forward to working with the Handdii team and supporting the platform as it grows.”
Downs added “We set out to secure a strategic investor to support the high-speed growth of taking Handdii to a global stage-Greenlight Re Innovations have both the industry expertise and credibility we were after.” “This capital raise enables great momentum for product development essential for our entry into both the New Zealand and US markets,” added Kathryn Wood.
Handdii represents the twelfth strategic investment made by GRI.
Greenlight Re Trends(18 articles)