- NatWest first UK bank to unveil biometric credit card
- Metro Bank announces three fintech and SME partnerships
- Greensill Bank signs innovative credit assessment deal with Scope
- UK Homeowners are breaking golden 28% ‘rule’ when it comes to mortgage payments
- Help to Buy has caused house prices to surge for first-time buyers
- Which? finds dubious marketing practices risk misleading savers over high-risk investments
- Global Data publishes ‘Indonesia Wealth Management: Opportunities and Risks to 2022’-anticipated growth in affluent population expired
- Lloyds Banking Group extends Mental Health UK charity partnership expired
- Effortel Delivers Fully Integrated MVNO Offering for VTB expired
- BIS report sets out governance of key OTC derivatives data elements expired
- INTL FCStone acquires Futures and Options Brokerage and Clearing Business of UOB Bullion and Futures Limited in Singapore expired
- SNB and BIS sign operational agreement on BIS Innovation Hub Centre in Switzerland expired
8th October 2019
CMA clears MUFG Bank/DVB Bank merger
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has investigated and given the all-clear to the anticipated acquisition by MUFG Bank Ltd relating to the aviation business of DVB Bank SE and the anticipated acquisition of the AAM/AIM Business.
On 16 August 2019, the CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
On 19 August 2019, the CMA began its consideration into whether it was or may be the case that this transaction, if carried into effect, would result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the UK for goods or services.