- FCA publishes its annual Sector Views
- Huntswood comments on FCA annual Sector Views
- HBSC profits down by a third and around 35,000 jobs to go-Signavio comments
- HSBC offering a comparison site exclusive cashback deal to new customers through money.co.uk and Uswitch
- Payments through Pay.UK reached an all-time high in 2019
- Equifax says quality of data is top priority for credit industry in 2020 and beyond
- Flywire acquires Simplee and also announces $120m Series E investment round led by Goldman Sachs expired
- Moneyfacts says the average UK long-term fixed savings rates are at their lowest point since May 2017 expired
- Mastercard developing its first European Cyber Resilience Centre expired
- Monzo to have a second go at launching its premium account offering expired
- FCA impose fine of £2.77m on Moneybarn expired
- FCA bans a number of online credit broking adverts issued by Rix Motor Company expired
8th October 2019
CMA clears MUFG Bank/DVB Bank merger
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has investigated and given the all-clear to the anticipated acquisition by MUFG Bank Ltd relating to the aviation business of DVB Bank SE and the anticipated acquisition of the AAM/AIM Business.
On 16 August 2019, the CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
On 19 August 2019, the CMA began its consideration into whether it was or may be the case that this transaction, if carried into effect, would result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the UK for goods or services.