- Hundreds of communities struggling to access cash, warns ‘Which?’
- David Miller to succeed James L. Amine as CEO of Credit Suisse IBCM
- Financial sector shuns younger workers as employers prefer older generation
- Payments industry deals in September 2019 total $404.14m globally
- Buy-to-let borrowing stable despite slowdown in mortgage market, says Paragon
- Atlas Group partners with Morphis for cash services
- Mastercard partners with BMO Harris and Superbia to bring new feature to their cards expired
- Coutts Index reveals fall in London prime property prices expired
- Credit card surge expected as Black Friday looms, says Moneyfacts expired
- MarketInvoice changes to MarketFinance, reflecting its wider lending choices expired
- Barclays sees phenomenal increase in TV and film production funding expired
- allpay.cards designs and manufactures Caxton’s new Sterling card expired
8th November 2019
BNY Mellon steps up commitment to Singapore's digital and Fintech ecosystem
BNY Mellon is reaffirming its commitment to being a leader in Singapore's vibrant and emerging Fintech and innovative technology environment. The company has joined AFIN, which was established in 2018 to facilitate innovation and cooperation between financial institutions and Fintechs in an effort to digitally transform the banking and financial sectors across Southeast Asia to ultimately drive financial inclusion.
BNY Mellon will be an advisor to the board through representation on the Strategic Advisory Council (SAC). Hans Brown, Global Head of Innovation, will represent BNY Mellon on the SAC.
In addition, BNY Mellon will have a robust presence at the Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF), from 11 to 15 November 2019. Roman Regelman, BNY Mellon Head of Digital, will participate on a panel discussion on digital transformation on 11 November. Mr Brown will join the panel "CEO Perspectives on Financial Services Innovation" on 12 November.
As part of the festival, BNY Mellon will host a tour of its Singapore Innovation Centre on 14 and 15 November from 10am – 12pm. Visitors will participate in panel discussions on "The Power of Diversity and Inclusion in Innovation." BNY Mellon will also showcase innovation stories and offer the opportunity to network with user Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) and AI/Machine Learning experts and to experience interactive augmented reality content from BNY Mellon's art collection.
In addition to participating in SFF, BNY Mellon's Executive Committee will be in Singapore to host a number of employee and client activities, reaffirming the company's commitment to building its presence in the region.
Mr Regelman said: "Singapore has continued to cement its position as a global hub of innovation in financial services due to the leadership of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). We are excited to deepen our relationships with MAS and other financial leaders to drive innovation and collaboration.
“Given our role of providing infrastructure for the world's financial markets, our early adoption of emerging technologies and partnerships with Fintechs and other ecosystem participants, we can help strengthen and contribute to the dialogue influencing the evolution of the financial sector.”