- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Review
- European P&C insurers face pressure on profitability as interest rates stay lower for longer says Moody's
- Vast majority of insurers confident in fund managers navigation of the financial markets through COVID-19, State Street survey reveals
- COVID-19 provokes turning point, as industry leaders drive action to invest in climate resilient infrastructure
- Insurance Europe responds to a consultation by the European Commission on its digital finance strategy
- Lemonade share price zooms after IPO
- Latest release of Majesco Insurance Data & Analytics Platform announced expired
- INSTANDA bolsters international expansion with first European partnership expired
- Start-up Dialogue focused on digitally streamlining the Credit and Political Risk Insurance sector fast-tracked for Lloyd’s Lab COVID-19 cohort 5 expired
- Pandemic forces Canadian insurers to digitalize to keep losses down, says GlobalData expired
- AXA XL receives regulatory nod to change its business license in China from insurance to reinsurance expired
- Compre signs second legacy transaction with QBE expired
12th January 2020
esure appoints Bole as CFO
esure has announces the appointment of Peter Bole as cfo (subject to regulatory approval). He will succeed Interim cfo, Steve Long, in the role from Quarter 1 2020
following a brief transition period.
In his new role, Bole will be leading the group’s finance function and ensuring effective financial management in line with the delivery of the group’s strategy. He will also chair esure’s Reserving, Financial Risk and Investment Committees.
Bole brings with him a wealth of valuable experience with over 25 years’ in financial leadership roles across
consumer-facing brands in the Financial Services and Insurance sectors. Most recently, he was cfo at Virgin
Money where he oversaw the delivery of £663m in revenue and £263m in pre-tax profit across a base of 3.3m customers. Prior to this, he was cfo at Tesco Bank and held senior finance roles at both RBS Insurance and RBS Group. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant at the start of his career and graduated with an MA in Accountancy from Aberdeen University.
David McMillan, chief executive of esure, comments "I am delighted to welcome Peter to the esure Board at a transformational time for the company. This role
is a critical component of our leadership team as we look to generate profitable growth and become a world class insurer”
esure Trends(53 articles)