- Newslink Insurance Global Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- WEF Global Risks Report 2020 says economic and political polarisation will rise-top five global risks all environmental
- Insurance Europe publishes "Ambitions for Europe" and highlights concerns regarding 2020 review of Solvency II
- GoCompare comments on FCA update on "loyalty penalty" study
- Geneva Association looks at ethics quidelines for the use of artificial intelligence in insurance
- SAS looks at combating insurance fraud with machine learning
- CyberCube signs agreement with Hiscox expired
- FRISS partners with Snapsheet expired
- SSP becomes a member of MGAA expired
- Travel insurance InsurTech battleface closes its seed financing round with backing from leading strategic and venture capital investors expired
- Asta to provide its MGA platform and comprehensive operational services to the newly-formed underwriting agency BPBUW Management expired
- Liberty Mutual Re opens in Singapore-Regional Underwriting Manager for Asia Pacific appointed expired
12th January 2020
esure appoints Bole as CFO
esure has announces the appointment of Peter Bole as cfo (subject to regulatory approval). He will succeed Interim cfo, Steve Long, in the role from Quarter 1 2020
following a brief transition period.
In his new role, Bole will be leading the group’s finance function and ensuring effective financial management in line with the delivery of the group’s strategy. He will also chair esure’s Reserving, Financial Risk and Investment Committees.
Bole brings with him a wealth of valuable experience with over 25 years’ in financial leadership roles across
consumer-facing brands in the Financial Services and Insurance sectors. Most recently, he was cfo at Virgin
Money where he oversaw the delivery of £663m in revenue and £263m in pre-tax profit across a base of 3.3m customers. Prior to this, he was cfo at Tesco Bank and held senior finance roles at both RBS Insurance and RBS Group. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant at the start of his career and graduated with an MA in Accountancy from Aberdeen University.
David McMillan, chief executive of esure, comments "I am delighted to welcome Peter to the esure Board at a transformational time for the company. This role
is a critical component of our leadership team as we look to generate profitable growth and become a world class insurer”
esure Trends(53 articles)