- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Review
- European P&C insurers face pressure on profitability as interest rates stay lower for longer says Moody's
- Vast majority of insurers confident in fund managers navigation of the financial markets through COVID-19, State Street survey reveals
- COVID-19 provokes turning point, as industry leaders drive action to invest in climate resilient infrastructure
- Insurance Europe responds to a consultation by the European Commission on its digital finance strategy
- Lemonade share price zooms after IPO
- Latest release of Majesco Insurance Data & Analytics Platform announced expired
- INSTANDA bolsters international expansion with first European partnership expired
- Start-up Dialogue focused on digitally streamlining the Credit and Political Risk Insurance sector fast-tracked for Lloyd’s Lab COVID-19 cohort 5 expired
- Pandemic forces Canadian insurers to digitalize to keep losses down, says GlobalData expired
- AXA XL receives regulatory nod to change its business license in China from insurance to reinsurance expired
- Compre signs second legacy transaction with QBE expired
12th January 2020
Ebix and Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) receive formal approval for a joint venture to act as a direct insurance broker(Life and General) in India
Ebix, a leading international supplier of On-Demand software and E-commerce services to the insurance, financial, healthcare and e-learning industries, have announced that its joint venture with Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE), Asia’s oldest exchange, has received formal approval for Certificate of Registration to act as a direct insurance broker(Life and General) under the IRDAI(Insurers Brokers) Regulations, 2018. The venture, branded as BSE-Ebix Insurance Broking Pvt. Ltd., will enable distribution outlets, wealth management advisors, Point of Sale Persons (PoSPs) to sell life and non-life insurance products.
BSE-Ebix confirmed that it will soon announce a formal date for the go-live date of its distribution franchise. BSE-Ebix aims to offer numerous choices to customers, besides reaching to remote villages across India to access these products. The venture will make use of the reach of both BSE and EbixCash that spans over 3 lakh outlets across the country, and shall cover the entire insurance lifecycle from customer relationship management, agency management, multi-quoting, underwriting, policy creation, claims filing and settlement to back-end insurance policy administration.
BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner.
EbixCash is the Indian subsidiary of Ebix, Inc. that today transacts $18bn in Gross merchandise value (GMV) on its platforms, besides being an end-to-end services market leader in the financial exchange industry.
Ebix Trends(76 articles)