- Newslink Insurance Global Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- WEF Global Risks Report 2020 says economic and political polarisation will rise-top five global risks all environmental
- Insurance Europe publishes "Ambitions for Europe" and highlights concerns regarding 2020 review of Solvency II
- GoCompare comments on FCA update on "loyalty penalty" study
- Geneva Association looks at ethics quidelines for the use of artificial intelligence in insurance
- SAS looks at combating insurance fraud with machine learning
- CyberCube signs agreement with Hiscox expired
- FRISS partners with Snapsheet expired
- SSP becomes a member of MGAA expired
- Travel insurance InsurTech battleface closes its seed financing round with backing from leading strategic and venture capital investors expired
- Asta to provide its MGA platform and comprehensive operational services to the newly-formed underwriting agency BPBUW Management expired
- Liberty Mutual Re opens in Singapore-Regional Underwriting Manager for Asia Pacific appointed expired
12th January 2020
Ebix and Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) receive formal approval for a joint venture to act as a direct insurance broker(Life and General) in India
Ebix, a leading international supplier of On-Demand software and E-commerce services to the insurance, financial, healthcare and e-learning industries, have announced that its joint venture with Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE), Asia’s oldest exchange, has received formal approval for Certificate of Registration to act as a direct insurance broker(Life and General) under the IRDAI(Insurers Brokers) Regulations, 2018. The venture, branded as BSE-Ebix Insurance Broking Pvt. Ltd., will enable distribution outlets, wealth management advisors, Point of Sale Persons (PoSPs) to sell life and non-life insurance products.
BSE-Ebix confirmed that it will soon announce a formal date for the go-live date of its distribution franchise. BSE-Ebix aims to offer numerous choices to customers, besides reaching to remote villages across India to access these products. The venture will make use of the reach of both BSE and EbixCash that spans over 3 lakh outlets across the country, and shall cover the entire insurance lifecycle from customer relationship management, agency management, multi-quoting, underwriting, policy creation, claims filing and settlement to back-end insurance policy administration.
BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner.
EbixCash is the Indian subsidiary of Ebix, Inc. that today transacts $18bn in Gross merchandise value (GMV) on its platforms, besides being an end-to-end services market leader in the financial exchange industry.
Ebix Trends(76 articles)