- Swiss Re Institute estimates global insured catastrophe losses of $31bn in first half-mostly from secondary perils
- Swiss Re issue sigma headed "Machine intelligence in insurance: insights for end-to-end enterprise transformation"
- Lloyd's Lab selects ten new InsurTechs for fifth cohort focused on COVID-19 risks
- Marsh reports global average commercial insurance prices increased 19% in second quarter
- Prudential plc highlights resilient Asia operating profit-to separate Jackson in US
- Berkshire Hathaway boosts insurance underwriting earnings
- Ageas chooses SSP Intuition solution expired
- Duck Creek launches IPO expired
- InsurTech Sprout.ai releases claim settlement solution for health insurers globally, utilising Contextual AI expired
- CII and IAL work with University of Bolton to launch MBA in Islamic Finance expired
- MGA Fiducia to provide businesses across the UK with the ability to protect their premises and staff against the threat of Nuclear, Biological, Chemical and Radiological(NBCR) terrorism expired
- Third Point Re and Sirius Group to combine expired
29th July 2020
Bonneau to take over from Clarke as CEO at PartnerRe
PartnerRe has announces the appointment of Jacques Bonneau as its president and ceo effective yesterday. Bonneau has been a member of the PartnerRe Board of Directors since February 2019, having served on the company’s Audit Committee and as the chairman of its Underwriting and Risk Committee, and has been former ceo of Ace/Chubb Tempest Re Group and former Group cuo of Chubb Ltd. Bonneau, who will be based in the company’s headquarter in Bermuda, succeeds Emmanuel Clarke, who is leaving the company by mutual agreement to pursue other opportunities outside the Group.
Commenting on Bonneau’s appointment, Brian Dowd, independent chairman of the PartnerRe Board of Directors, said, “We’re delighted that Jacques is assuming the role of ceo of PartnerRe. He brings over 40 years of experience in our industry, a strong track record in reinsurance underwriting and deep knowledge of our clients and brokers. He also has detailed knowledge and insight of PartnerRe’s people and business gained over the past two years as a valued colleague on our Board.
On behalf of the Board, I would like to express our gratitude and appreciation to Emmanuel for his achievements over the past 4 years as president and ceo. Under his leadership, PartnerRe has been able to smoothly transition under EXOR ownership and the Company’s business and strategic positioning have been strengthened in important ways. Emmanuel has been a very dedicated and strong leader and we wish him all the best in his future endeavours.”
Clarke added, “I am proud of what we have achieved together with all our colleagues, in substantially advancing the company’s strategic goals. With the progress we’ve made with our Non-Life portfolio and franchise, in building our Life & Health platform, and in strengthening the organisation and its talent base, I am confident PartnerRe is very well positioned for future success.”
Bonneau said “PartnerRe’s deep technical expertise, strong and diversified Non-Life portfolio and its high calibre people mean we’re very well placed to benefit from a tightening insurance and reinsurance marketplace across many lines. Our Life and Health operations are growing well and profitably, and we’re committed to continuing our investments in this platform. With our solid balance sheet and the strength of our relationships with brokers and clients, I’m truly excited about the great opportunities we have in front of us and at the prospect of building an even stronger PartnerRe.”
PartnerRe Trends(213 articles)