- UK Finance sets out future model for Open Banking
- Cyber crime now the biggest threat to banks-CSFI’s Banana Skins poll identifies top risks in banking world
- UK finance industry and police team up to stop over £45m of fraud in 2020
- Moneyfacts reflects one year on from the financial shock of the pandemic
- OakNorth Bank completes £10m property investment facility with global investment manager, L1 Capital
- Kalifa Review of UK FinTech published
- Santander reports Five Polish startups already selected in the fourth round of acceleration programme conducted jointly with Accelpoint expired
- Impact of APIs on digital banking discussed expired
- Nickel Digital research indicates that wealth managers are increasingly focusing on Bitcoin expired
- Nuapay extending open banking payment capabilities to German and Italian banks expired
- Paymob announces new channel partner Tæpp AS expired
- Fidor Solutions partners with SIA to launch instant payment service in Europe expired
19th February 2021
Moneyfacts says inflation erosion on savings accounts intensifies
The number of inflation-beating accounts on the UK savings market has fallen month-on-month and there has been a rise in inflation. The latest analysis from Moneyfacts.co.uk reveals the options available to savers to beat the current level of inflation today:
-The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose to 0.7% during January, from 0.6% in December.
-The number of deals able to outpace inflation has fallen since last month’s announcement, due to a rise in inflation of 0.10%, from 157 in total that beat 0.6%, to 100 today that beat 0.7%.
-Standard savings accounts that can now match or beat inflation(0.7%) include: two easy access accounts, two notice accounts, two variable rate cash ISAs, 24 fixed rate ISAs and 92 fixed rate bonds(based on a £10,000 deposit).
-Standard savings accounts that beat 0.7% include: two easy access accounts, two notice accounts, one variable rate ISA, 17 fixed rate ISAs and 78 fixed rate bonds.
-The predicted rate for inflation during Q1 2022 is 2.1%, but there are no standard savings accounts currently able to beat this.
-In February 2020, 21 deals(all fixed rate bonds) could beat 1.8%(January CPI) and in February 2019, 194 deals(158 fixed bonds, 30 fixed ISAs and six notice accounts) could outpace 1.8% (January CPI).
Moneyfacts Trends(94 articles)
Market information & research(3959 articles)