- UK Finance sets out future model for Open Banking
- Cyber crime now the biggest threat to banks-CSFI’s Banana Skins poll identifies top risks in banking world
- UK finance industry and police team up to stop over £45m of fraud in 2020
- Moneyfacts reflects one year on from the financial shock of the pandemic
- OakNorth Bank completes £10m property investment facility with global investment manager, L1 Capital
- Kalifa Review of UK FinTech published
- Santander reports Five Polish startups already selected in the fourth round of acceleration programme conducted jointly with Accelpoint expired
- Impact of APIs on digital banking discussed expired
- Nickel Digital research indicates that wealth managers are increasingly focusing on Bitcoin expired
- Nuapay extending open banking payment capabilities to German and Italian banks expired
- Paymob announces new channel partner Tæpp AS expired
- Fidor Solutions partners with SIA to launch instant payment service in Europe expired
19th February 2021
Banco Santander México included in the "Sustainability Yearbook 2021" of S&P Global for its strong performance in ESG matters
Banco Santander México, one of Mexico's leading banks, has announced that it was the only Mexican bank to be included in the "Sustainability Yearbook 2021" of S&P Global, due to the advancement of its environmental, social and corporate governance ("ESG") practices. Additionally, it was named an "Industry Mover" for exceeding last year's score and for showing the strongest improvement in ESG matters in the financial sector.
"It is a global reality that sustainability criteria are increasingly decisive for investment and a requirement of the investment community. That is why at the Bank we have been committed for more than 15 years to ensuring our financing activities, transparency practices, corporate governance and impact on society contribute to the progress of individuals and businesses in balance with our environment, policies of which we are proud and which today distinguish us in the Mexican market," comments Marcela Espinosa Macías, Executive Director of Public Relations, Internal Communications and Responsible Banking at Banco Santander México.
For the 2021 yearbook, which is the most important of its kind on a global level, 7,032 businesses in 61 industries around the world were selected and evaluated, but only 631 companies were included in the yearbook, of which only 6 were Mexican businesses in different industries.
As a responsible bank, Banco Santander México takes into account the role of the bank in the promotion of economic activities that are compatible with the conservation of the environment and social equity, and for this reason, carries out its operations and internal processes, as part of its 2030 agenda, with the goal of generating continued and profitable progress in ESG matters.
Santander Trends(719 articles)
S&P Global Trends(39 articles)