- Xuber keeps in the headlines
- Survey suggests compliance may have a cautious impact on risk culture
- A UK government strategy for insurance sector announced to support global leadership
- Quindell secures five year software suite contract with top ten UK motor insurer
- Aon Benfield launches tools to quantify uncertainty in catastrophe models
- KCC releases WindfieldBuilder
- Fitch reports on statutory trends for US life insurers expired
- Chinese regulator issues draft regulatory Framework expired
- India joins NAIC MMoU expired
- AIG will maintain its 9.9% stake in PICC P&C after rights offering expired
- Equity to focus on motor and brokers in restructure expired
- ING cuts stake in SulAmerica expired
27th June 2012
CII launches research and dissertation qualification for the London Market
A new qualification has been launched exclusively for the London Market by The Chartered Insurance Institute CII, developed in partnership with the Lloyd's Market Association(LMA).
The certificate in London Market Insurance Specialisation has been designed to develop the candidate's ability to conduct rigorous insurance or reinsurance related research that contributes to the body of London Market industry knowledge.
As well as a qualification awarded in its own right, using credits recognised in the national Qualifications and Credit Framework, successful completion also awards CII credits that can be used towards other CII qualifications.
The qualification attracts 50 CII credits at Advanced Diploma level and 18 credits at Level 7 on the QCF. Each candidate creates his or her own study pathway, selecting an area of interest in the London Market for in-depth analysis.
They are then required to research and submit a 10,000 word dissertation, which is assessed by leading market practitioners.
The elapsed time will be 18 months and entries will be restricted to approximately 20 candidates per year on a
"first-come, first-served" basis.
Terry Hayday, head of professional standards at the LMA, said "I'm delighted that the CII has partnered with the LMA to develop this new certificate.
This collaboration recognises the unique nature of the London Market and, in turn, the value that can be derived from researching specialised developmental requirements among underwriters and brokers."
Graeme Sutton, CII director of corporate development, added "Sector-specific qualifications are important in developing specialist knowledge, so we are pleased to introduce this new certificate.
It will help London Market insurers and brokers add to the body of industry knowledge by conducting rigorous research into a specialist area."