- Insurance Europe and ABI air concerns on EIOPA Long-Term Guarantee Assessment report
- Still work to do after EIOPA Long-Term Guarantee Assessment report say Fitch and KPMG
- UK government focus on reducing whiplash claims hits the wrong target says Law Society chief
- All Chinese insurers meet solvency levels for the first time
- Panels debate key issues at IAIS 6th annual Global Seminar
- Legal & General appoints cfo and make other management changes
- Argenta introduces Lloyd's investment vehicle expired
- AXA increases exposure to infrastructure debt market expired
- RSA and Ageas in bilateral claims agreement expired
- Agencyport appoints catastrophe and exposure modelling expert expired
- SAS Analytics aids Ohio Mutual with assessment of rate changes expired
- StoneRiver LifeApply solution chosen by National Western Life expired
19th August 2012
Resolution to return to traditional life model
Resolution has reported pre-tax operationg profits for the half year of £163m compared with £277m-7% below analysts' forecasts.
Significantly, it is moving to a more conventional life company structure, will not be splitting into two companies representing closed and open books, and will not be seeking further UK acquisitions.
The external management structure will be removed, founder Clive Cowdery will join the board, and Andy Briggs, head of Friends Life, will become chief executive of Resolution.