- FS industry agrees new code supporting victims of financial abuse
- The World Alliance of International Financial Centres launches
- Banks and law firms commit to new working practices for better mental health
- The FCA consults on its approach ahead of the UK’s exit from the EU
- Regulators must work together to avoid breakdown in cross-border financial services, says UK Finance
- Voice ID launches to customers of Lloyds, Halifax and Bank of Scotland
- Date of Bank of England stress testing results announced expired
- NAB choses Brilliance Financial Technology to transform pricing processes expired
- Target Group strengthens its Client Services team with double hire expired
- Over half of the UK’s workforce wants more help from employers with financial planning expired
- Fintech finance firm Duologi aims for ambitious growth expired
- JP Morgan mandatory coding training sets it apart from crowd, says Infosys expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."