- Wirex launches first-ever multi-currency accounts in Europe
- EBA publishes its Roadmap on Fintech setting out priorities for 2018/2019
- David Thorburn to join Barclays UK’s Board as Non-Executive Director
- Financial services now paving the way for digital transformation
- MFS becomes the first UK bridging lender to expand into Asia
- Women investors across UK and Europe overwhelmingly back female founders
- CMA announces two senior appointments expired
- FAB responds to media speculation suggesting intent to manipulate the Qatari riyal expired
- Most affordable mortgages in a decade, according to Halifax review expired
- MarketInvoice reaches £2bn milestone for loans to UK companies expired
- Finance industry stops £1.4bn in attempted fraud expired
- Goldman Sachs’ president and Co-Chief Operating Officer is to retire expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."