- FCA outlines the measures it will take to protect consumers and sets out when and how the organisation takes action
- OnDot/YouGov survey indicates that UK adults are ready for real-time interaction with their banks
- FSB publishes report to G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors on its work with standard-setting bodies on Crypto-assets
- Cryptocurrencies now “undeniably part of mainstream finance” says deVere Group CEO Green
- Goldman Sachs announces Blankfein retirement-Solomon to succeed as Chairman and CEO
- BlackFin largest independent FinTech fund in Europe after completing a E180m final closing
- Fenergo Client Lifecycle Management solutions selected for The FinTech50 2018. expired
- UK FinTech PayBreak secures additional £15m of funding with specialist banking group Paragon expired
- Danske Bank announces first half result and updates on Estonia investigation expired
- Moneysupermarket on track for first six months-introduces new mortgage FinTech Podium expired
- Arbuthnot reports strong first half expired
- Goldman Sachs post strongest first half return in nine years expired
5th December 2017
Barclays appoints non-executive director
Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC (Barclays) have appointed Mike Turner (CBE) as a non-executive Director of Barclays. He will take up his appointment on 1st January, 2018.
Mr Turner has extensive board-level experience. He is currently Chairman of the boards of GKN plc and Babcock International Group PLC, and until recently served as a non-executive director of Lazard Ltd (2006 to 2017). Mr Turner has also had a long and successful executive career at BAE Systems plc where he was CEO between 2002 and 2008. Prior to this he held various commercial, marketing and general management positions at BAE and its predecessor companies. Mr Turner is a member of the UK Government's Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network.
John McFarlane, Group Chairman, said: "I am very pleased that Mike has agreed to join the Barclays Board. Mike is a seasoned business leader, with a highly successful track record as both a Chief Executive and Chairman. He will bring strong commercial and practical acumen, together with experience of the financial services sector."