- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- PwC 21st Global CEO Survey highlights that Insurance CEOs are more concerned about the pace of technological change(85%) than leaders in any other industry.
- Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs) publishes final report on Big Data
- GlobalData looks at potential alternative providers in US healthcare market
- Munich Re raises profit guidance for 2018 and announces further share buy-back
- Swiss Re to propose new CHF1bn public share buy-back programme
- BMS Innovation Lab launched expired
- Duck Creek Suite solution chosen by First American expired
- Earnix announces introduction of its Integrated Machine Learning technology as an enhancement to existing insurance software suite expired
- Lloyd's coverholders now eligible to access ACORD Delegated Authority Standards, information, training and other resources expired
- Marsh joins EEA-the world's largest open source blockchain initiative expired
- Generali CEO Donnet comments "The excellent results that we presented today confirm the validity and effectiveness of our strategic plan in this current market context." expired
10th January 2018
Coulson appointed CUO of Fidelis Underwriting
Fidelis Insurance has announced the promotion of Richard Coulson to the position of cuo of Fidelis Underwriting Limited(FUL). He takes up this role with immediate effect and will report to Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL.
Coulson joined Fidelis in June 2015 as head of Specialty and was promoted to director of FUL Underwriting in 2017. Prior to that, he served as executive director of Political Risk, Structured Credit and Surety at RK Harrison. His early career was spent at MMC Capital and Marsh, where he focused on structuring alternative risk transfer, and captive solutions. After Marsh, he spent three years at Hiscox underwriting the company’s space and satellite and offshore energy books–winning the Hiscox Award for Innovation whilst there, before returning to broking and serving as a partner at JLT, specialising in Credit and Political Risk. . Coulson was elected a fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Institute of Risk Management eleven years ago and during his career has also won the IRM Award for Risk Analysis excellence and an ABI Young Insurer of the Year award–recognising his work on developing innovative new products within the insurance industry.
Daniel Burrows, ceo of FUL, comments “Rich has ably demonstrated his underwriting acumen and a talent for developing innovative products. He has been integral to the success and growth of FUL’s business. I am delighted to confirm his appointment to this role.”
Fidelis Trends(15 articles)