- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- EIOPA publishes new set of statistical information on the European insurance sector based on Solvency II regulatory reporting for the fourth quarter of 2017-including new exposure statistics
- Broker use of PPL going in right direction says LIIBA CEO Croft
- Chilton to rejoin Capsicum Re
- AdvantageGo announces two ground-breaking products-‘Aniita’ and ‘Score’-designed to make it easier for commercial insurers/reinsurers to integrate and utilise new digital data
- Majesco Distribution Management and Digital Solutions chosen by NTUC Income in Singapore
- Verisk acquires UK claims management solutions company Validus-IVC expired
- AIG Life to acquire UK-based group protection specialist Ellipse from Munich Re expired
- Monument Re to acquire run-off portfolio of linked and traditional business from MetLife Europe expired
- Hamilton Underwriting appoints Lee-Amies as Head of Treaty expired
- Tokio Marine moves for IAG Thailand and Indonesian businesses expired
- Tokio Marine KIln reshaping Accident & Health business-Strettle to be Interim Department Head expired
10th January 2018
MS Amlin creates new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer Viribus Re
MS Amlin has announced that a new Bermuda-domiciled special purpose reinsurer, Viribus Re Ltd, has been created to provide collateralised capacity support for MS Amlin Syndicate 2001’s global reinsurance portfolio in 2018.
Viribus Re Ltd has entered into a quota share agreement with MS Amlin, incepting 1st January 2018, under which it will reinsure a share of MS Amlin’s worldwide property catastrophe excess of loss portfolio.
The vehicle has secured commitments of more than $60m. Capital has been committed by a number of third party investors, including MS Amlin, which has committed $5m. The combination of new investors in Viribus Re, alongside existing capital structures and partners, strengthens MS Amlin’s position as a leading global (re)insurer.
James Few, Global managing director of Reinsurance at MS Amlin, comments “This is an important long-term strategic initiative for MS Amlin as we continue to seek ways to build capacity and relationships with capital market partners, whilst providing us with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of our clients. We are delighted to have secured funding for Viribus Re Ltd from a range of new partners whom we look forward to working with closely in the future."
Mitsui Sumitomo Trends(150 articles)