- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- PwC 21st Global CEO Survey highlights that Insurance CEOs are more concerned about the pace of technological change(85%) than leaders in any other industry.
- Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs) publishes final report on Big Data
- GlobalData looks at potential alternative providers in US healthcare market
- Munich Re raises profit guidance for 2018 and announces further share buy-back
- Swiss Re to propose new CHF1bn public share buy-back programme
- BMS Innovation Lab launched expired
- Duck Creek Suite solution chosen by First American expired
- Earnix announces introduction of its Integrated Machine Learning technology as an enhancement to existing insurance software suite expired
- Lloyd's coverholders now eligible to access ACORD Delegated Authority Standards, information, training and other resources expired
- Marsh joins EEA-the world's largest open source blockchain initiative expired
- Generali CEO Donnet comments "The excellent results that we presented today confirm the validity and effectiveness of our strategic plan in this current market context." expired
10th January 2018
AXIS Capital receives Lloyd's approval to create single Managing Agency structure
AXIS Capital Holdings and its operating subsidiaries have announced that it has received authorization from Lloyd’s for AXIS Managing Agency Ltd to commence management and oversight of Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129. The authorisation became effective 11st January, and creates a single managing agent structure for AXIS’ operations at Lloyd’s.
Novae Syndicate 2007 and SPS 6129 will operate alongside AXIS Syndicate 1686, which AXIS Managing Agency currently manages. AXIS has initiated plans to consolidate its Lloyd’s business into AXIS Syndicate 1686, under management of AXIS Managing Agency, and anticipates completing that process from 1st January 2019.
“This marks an important milestone in our continued integration of AXIS’ international specialty insurance business with Novae,” said Mark Gregory, ceo, AXIS Managing Agency, and ceo, AXIS Insurance International Division. “We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with a diversified and balanced portfolio of specialist classes.”
AXIS Syndicate 1686 and Novae Syndicate 2007 underwrite specialist classes that include marine, cyber, energy, aviation, terrorism, construction, property, casualty, political risk and political violence, professional indemnity, and reinsurance, among others.
SPS 6129 is a Lloyd’s special purpose syndicate that underwrites US facilities business. It launched in January 2016 as a collaboration between Novae and Securis Investment Partners LLP, an insurance linked securities fund manager.
AXIS Capital Trends(148 articles)