- FCA publishes findings on long-term mortgage arrears
- New anti-text message fraud initiative launched
- Ohpen launches new API portal to reduce IT implementation time
- Mastercard and Microsoft join forces to advance digital identity innovations
- Barclays provides new ‘lipspeaker’ service for deaf and hard of hearing customers
- Majority of the UK has set a savings goal, but it could take years to reach, says Aldermore
- lastminute.com to offer new multi-currency Visa card expired
- UK investors more cautious than global counterparts, according to Schroders’ study expired
- Santander launches Private Wealth initiative expired
- Monese to offer free ‘Premium’ UK & European Current Accounts to Dual UK/EU Citizens expired
- Google Pay now available to UniCredit's customers in Italy expired
- Cyber-resilience: range of practices report issued by the Basel Committee expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.