- Fed Board terminates residential mortgage loan servicing actions against 10 banks, and fines five of them
- Authentication is PSD2’s principal weakness, says Arxan Technologies
- Nomura to transfer a part of its share management business to subsidiary
- Bank of America heads into New Year with record P2P growth
- PSD2 won’t offer immediate changes to how consumers bank, says Fidor
- Visa begins pilots of new biometric payment card
- Open Banking levels the playing field for SMEs, says Akoni expired
- Avaloq extends global leadership team with new members expired
- Merrill Lynch adds client-to-advisor texting to digital, mobile and social suite expired
- New banking malware can intercept SMS messages to steal sensitive data expired
- Research shows UK businesses are facing global freeze expired
- Nationwide asks prospective candidates to escape before they've been offered a job expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.