- FirstBank and Azuri to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Research finds banks’ leveraged loan pipeline could pose a threat to financial stability
- CrowdBureau launches P2P lending and equity crowdfunding index
- UK Finance responds to Which? call for a new 'cash' regulator
- Treasury Committee publishes correspondence from FOS about economic crime
- An IFISA is as the perfect middle ground for saving, according to Zopa
- Banks to invest heavily in updating legacy systems to combat challenger banks expired
- MetaBank® launches faster payments platform with Mastercard Send expired
- Leeds adds no-fee, fixed-rate mortgage to retirement interest-only market expired
- ABN AMRO results impacted by cost of anti-money laundering safeguards expired
- Crédit Agricole’s net income sees sharp rise in 2018 expired
- Credit Suisse Group reports first annual post-tax profit since 2014 expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”