- Citibank to pay more than $38m for improper handling of ADRs
- Barclaycard joins Coupa as inaugural pay partner
- US agencies issue proposal to streamline regulatory reporting for qualifying small institutions
- Barclays launches free mobile invoicing for SME clients
- Mortgage market softens following period of strong growth, according to UK Finance
- Alison Rose appointed Deputy CEO of NatWest Holdings
- Financial fraud is an industry-wide problem, says Diebold Nixdorf expired
- Lords EU Committee take evidence from the British Business Bank and Germany’s KfW expired
- Banks must unify information streams to combat fraud, says ThreatConnect expired
- UniCredit non-executive director Andrea Sironi resigns expired
- Deutsche Bank completes demerger of its Polish private and commercial banking business expired
- UK Finance supports government on mortgage solutions expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”