- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Swiss Re sigma reports provisional global economic and insured losses for first half
- Standard & Poor's looks at what impact continued growth of ILS will have on reinsurers' competitive positions
- Geneva Association publishes report headed " Ten Key Questions on Cyber Risk and Cyber Risk Insurance"
- FICO/Ovum survey indicates that UK firms having no cyber insurance dropped but only 38% say their cyber insurance covers all risks
- CII launches consultation to seek the views of insurance and personal finance professionals on its current Corporate Chartered proposition
- AAIS introduces openIDL(open Insurance Data Link) built on IBM Blockchain expired
- ACORD launches Adoption Toolkit to support the application of data standards for global reinsurance and large commercial risks expired
- Amazon considering entering UK insurance comparison market-GlobalData comments expired
- Zurich selects Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics to leverage cyber risk knowledge and insight-to roll-out globally expired
- Aegon underlying earnings up and on target expired
- IAG reports financial year results expired
14th February 2018
Prudential Financial to purchase stake in Peak Re
Peak Reinsurance Company has announced that a wholly-owned subsidiary of US-headquartered Prudential Financial(PFI), has signed definitive agreements to purchase a minority stake in Peak Reinsurance Holdings the sole and direct shareholder of Peak Re via an issuance of new shares.
The transaction marks a further step in the long-term strategic partnership between Fosun International, the largest beneficial shareholder of Peak Re, and PFI(which does business as Pramerica in selected countries outside the US), one of the largest insurance groups globally. Fosun and PFI also jointly own and operate a life insurance joint venture in China.
As a rapidly growing international reinsurer based on best in class underwriting and risk management, Peak Re will benefit from this investment to support its continued growth.
Franz-Josef Hahn, ceo of Peak Re, comments “We want to thank Fosun and International Finance Corporation for supporting this successful venture and are pleased to welcome PFI as a new investor as we continue to build Peak Re into a leading global reinsurer.”
In the run-up to the Transaction, the shares of Peak Re Holdings held by International Finance Corporation(IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, were purchased by Fosun, in view of IFC’s continuing focus on emerging markets and Peak Re’s emergence as a globally-diversified reinsurer with strong positions in developed markets including the Americas and Europe.
The final consideration is subject to closing adjustments. Following the closing of the Transaction, Fosun and PFI, will hold 86.9% and 13.1% of Peak Re via Peak Re Holdings, respectively.
The Transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and completion of regulatory procedures with relevant regulators.
Peak Re (13 articles)
Prudential Financial Trends(141 articles)
Fosun Trends(21 articles)