- FATC report recognises the UK’s role as a leader in the fight against money laundering
- InnoCells moves into the Mexican market through digital start-up
- Schroders strengthens alternatives with Schroder GAIA Helix
- FCA findings on long-term mortgage arrears a timely study, says Target Group
- Huobi gains Distributed Ledger Technology licence in Gibraltar
- Millennium BCP is making the branch of the future a reality
- Warwick Business School and Bank of England launch online postgraduate programme expired
- London-based Fintech Curve sees customer take-up soar expired
- Thomas Crown asks whether cryptocurrencies offer safe haven if global economy slows expired
- Aegon migrates over 400,000 savings and investment accounts using Ohpen expired
- Banks spend £5bn a year tackling economic crime, says UK Finance expired
- UK property market has continued to stall, says Yomdel expired
20th March 2018
Wirex launches first-ever multi-currency accounts in Europe
Wirex has announced the return of cryptocurrency spending to Europe, with the launch of the first ever multi-currency accounts. Offering speedy exchange between fiat and cryptocurrencies, customers can then use Wirex’s new current account and contactless debit cards to spend their money.
Wirex is currently the only provider in Europe to allow spending in cash, converted from cryptocurrencies and has now integrated its debit cards into its multi-currency (GBP, EUR, USD) accounts to make shopping even easier and quicker than before.
Cumbersome cryptocurrency exchanges can now be bypassed for a much more secure and speedy all-in-one account, saving time and effort. The new integrated accounts provide the flexibility of traditional financial services - such as bank-to-bank transfers - with access to real Bitcoins.
Pavel Matveev, CEO, Wirex, said: “Wirex is the only provider in Europe right now to offer crypto, converted into fiat for everyday spending on cards. Transactions in stores, buying goods online or withdrawing money from ATMs just got much easier. We were the first to bring such cards to the world and now we’re the first to bring converted cryptocurrency accounts with new contactless debit cards.”
• UK: 9th March 2018
• France, Germany, Italy: 20th March, 2018
• Other EU countries: 27th March, 2018