- Chief executive of Danske Bank resigns after money-laundering investigation
- NatWest to pilot UK’s first intelligent cash management system
- EEA nationals play a key role in financial services, says UK Finance
- Public register for the UK Money Markets Code launched
- Mastercard agrees to settle monetary damages related to US merchant litigation
- Bitcoin will lose 50% of its market share to Ethereum in five years
- Nomura leads first green bond offering in Japanese manufacturing industry expired
- FS industry should be looking ahead to move beyond traditional cards, says Arxan expired
- NAB announces a number of executive changes expired
- Focus on issuer fundamentals critical in AT1 market, says Scope expired
- HSBC chief executive of Global Private Banking to retire expired
- UAE’s new expat laws could make it one of the world’s top ten financial hubs expired
20th March 2018
Wirex launches first-ever multi-currency accounts in Europe
Wirex has announced the return of cryptocurrency spending to Europe, with the launch of the first ever multi-currency accounts. Offering speedy exchange between fiat and cryptocurrencies, customers can then use Wirex’s new current account and contactless debit cards to spend their money.
Wirex is currently the only provider in Europe to allow spending in cash, converted from cryptocurrencies and has now integrated its debit cards into its multi-currency (GBP, EUR, USD) accounts to make shopping even easier and quicker than before.
Cumbersome cryptocurrency exchanges can now be bypassed for a much more secure and speedy all-in-one account, saving time and effort. The new integrated accounts provide the flexibility of traditional financial services - such as bank-to-bank transfers - with access to real Bitcoins.
Pavel Matveev, CEO, Wirex, said: “Wirex is the only provider in Europe right now to offer crypto, converted into fiat for everyday spending on cards. Transactions in stores, buying goods online or withdrawing money from ATMs just got much easier. We were the first to bring such cards to the world and now we’re the first to bring converted cryptocurrency accounts with new contactless debit cards.”
• UK: 9th March 2018
• France, Germany, Italy: 20th March, 2018
• Other EU countries: 27th March, 2018