- FCA fines UBS £27.6m for transaction reporting failures
- S&P report says increasing disclosure could shine more light on bank resolvability
- Equfund relaunches Reap to address housing shortage
- Lloyds CEO gives up final salary pension after growing pressure
- Millennials are using "chat" to discuss investments with wealth managers, says GlobalData
- NatWest launches ‘Back Her Business’ female-only crowdfunding
- Barclays to sponsor the FA Women's Super League expired
- Cambridge & Counties joins National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers expired
- Lloyds commits over £9m to support SME apprenticeships in the UK expired
- Buy-to-let market beats gold, cash and fine art for investment returns, finds VeriSmart expired
- UK's wealthy frustrated by struggles with high-street banks, says BML expired
- Brexit has inflicted serious damage on UK financial services, says deVere expired
20th March 2018
Wirex launches first-ever multi-currency accounts in Europe
Wirex has announced the return of cryptocurrency spending to Europe, with the launch of the first ever multi-currency accounts. Offering speedy exchange between fiat and cryptocurrencies, customers can then use Wirex’s new current account and contactless debit cards to spend their money.
Wirex is currently the only provider in Europe to allow spending in cash, converted from cryptocurrencies and has now integrated its debit cards into its multi-currency (GBP, EUR, USD) accounts to make shopping even easier and quicker than before.
Cumbersome cryptocurrency exchanges can now be bypassed for a much more secure and speedy all-in-one account, saving time and effort. The new integrated accounts provide the flexibility of traditional financial services - such as bank-to-bank transfers - with access to real Bitcoins.
Pavel Matveev, CEO, Wirex, said: “Wirex is the only provider in Europe right now to offer crypto, converted into fiat for everyday spending on cards. Transactions in stores, buying goods online or withdrawing money from ATMs just got much easier. We were the first to bring such cards to the world and now we’re the first to bring converted cryptocurrency accounts with new contactless debit cards.”
• UK: 9th March 2018
• France, Germany, Italy: 20th March, 2018
• Other EU countries: 27th March, 2018