- Bank of Scotland PMI: private sector output expands at fastest pace in five months
- FCA reports a 13% increase in complaints-mainly through the rise in PPI claims
- TransferWise first non-bank payment service provider(PSP)to join a UK payment system settling in central bank money
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA completes acquisition of Clarity Money
- FICO unveils several solution upgrades at FICO WORLD 2018 in Miami Beach
- Metro Bank to introduce AI-powered money management tool
- Synectics Precision predictive analytics solution enhances anti-fraud defences at Coventry Building Society expired
- Hammonds the latest Board member to leave Deutsche Bank expired
- Nomura Asset Management to launch a new Exchange Traded Fund( ETF) expired
- ArchOver is now helping businesses to bridge the funding gap whilst waiting for their R&D tax claim to be repaid expired
- CivilisedBank appoints Stephens as CEO expired
- Triodos Bank raises over £7m in three months through crowdfunding platform expired
13th April 2018
Santander accelerates digital transformation with key hires
Banco Santander has announced two leadership appointments in payments, and user experience and new ventures to further accelerate its digital transformation. Both come from leading US technology companies and will work in Santander Digital, the division tasked with accelerating the Group’s digital transformation across its 10 core markets.
Chirag Patel will be head of Payments, with responsibility for evolving that business with innovative customer experiences and partnerships, in light of the rapidly-changing payments landscape. Mr Patel joins Santander from Amazon, where he was head of Emerging Payments & Innovation, based in Seattle. He previously held executive positions at American Express and Softcard, a start-up acquired by Google.
Jose Resendiz will join as head of User Experience and New Ventures, with responsibility for helping raise the bar on simple, elegant user experiences, in line with rising customer expectations. In addition, he will lead the New Ventures unit tasked with creating new businesses to accelerate future growth. Before joining Santander, Mr Resendiz was at NCR corporation serving as head of Global Financial Services Solutions, previously he also served as Chief Innovation Officer and also as General Manager for the Digital Insight digital banking business serving over 15 million digital banking users.
Both will report to Lindsey Argalas, Chief Digital and Innovation Officer and head of Santander Digital. Mr Patel will be based in London, and Mr Resendiz in San Francisco.
Ms Argalas said: “Across Santander we are using technology to improve the experience we offer our 133 million customers. Our goal is to deliver services and experiences that benefit our customers and exceed their expectations. Attracting the best talent is critical to our success. I am delighted to announce the appointments of Chirag and Jose, as they will both play an important role in helping us achieve our bold ambitions.”