- UK Finance respond to UK Government White Paper on Brexit
- UK FInance publishes Mortgage Trends Update
- Capgemini report reveals that the financial services industry could expect to add up to $512bn to global revenues by 2020 through ‘intelligent automation’
- Banking Trojans global impact has increased by 50% in last four months
- Emma Technologies FinTech raises £420,000 in seed funding
- Liberis uses Open Banking technology to increase funding access for UK small businesses
- Moneybox closes a £14m Series B funding expired
- Visa Loyalty Solutions(VLS) with FinTech novae launches omnichannel digital points redemption platform available to all issuing banks in Latin America and the Caribbean expired
- Bank of Cyprus completes sale of UK subsidiary to Cynergy Capital expired
- Capital Dynamics to acquire Milan-based Advanced Capital SGR expired
- EQT and other co-investors agree to acquire Saxo Payments Banking Circle from Saxo Bank expired
- Frontierpay opens Asia HQ in Singapore expired
13th April 2018
Santander accelerates digital transformation with key hires
Banco Santander has announced two leadership appointments in payments, and user experience and new ventures to further accelerate its digital transformation. Both come from leading US technology companies and will work in Santander Digital, the division tasked with accelerating the Group’s digital transformation across its 10 core markets.
Chirag Patel will be head of Payments, with responsibility for evolving that business with innovative customer experiences and partnerships, in light of the rapidly-changing payments landscape. Mr Patel joins Santander from Amazon, where he was head of Emerging Payments & Innovation, based in Seattle. He previously held executive positions at American Express and Softcard, a start-up acquired by Google.
Jose Resendiz will join as head of User Experience and New Ventures, with responsibility for helping raise the bar on simple, elegant user experiences, in line with rising customer expectations. In addition, he will lead the New Ventures unit tasked with creating new businesses to accelerate future growth. Before joining Santander, Mr Resendiz was at NCR corporation serving as head of Global Financial Services Solutions, previously he also served as Chief Innovation Officer and also as General Manager for the Digital Insight digital banking business serving over 15 million digital banking users.
Both will report to Lindsey Argalas, Chief Digital and Innovation Officer and head of Santander Digital. Mr Patel will be based in London, and Mr Resendiz in San Francisco.
Ms Argalas said: “Across Santander we are using technology to improve the experience we offer our 133 million customers. Our goal is to deliver services and experiences that benefit our customers and exceed their expectations. Attracting the best talent is critical to our success. I am delighted to announce the appointments of Chirag and Jose, as they will both play an important role in helping us achieve our bold ambitions.”