- FS industry agrees new code supporting victims of financial abuse
- The World Alliance of International Financial Centres launches
- Banks and law firms commit to new working practices for better mental health
- The FCA consults on its approach ahead of the UK’s exit from the EU
- Regulators must work together to avoid breakdown in cross-border financial services, says UK Finance
- Voice ID launches to customers of Lloyds, Halifax and Bank of Scotland
- Date of Bank of England stress testing results announced expired
- NAB choses Brilliance Financial Technology to transform pricing processes expired
- Target Group strengthens its Client Services team with double hire expired
- Over half of the UK’s workforce wants more help from employers with financial planning expired
- Fintech finance firm Duologi aims for ambitious growth expired
- JP Morgan mandatory coding training sets it apart from crowd, says Infosys expired
15th May 2018
Barclays returns as Pride in London headline partner for fifth year
For the fifth year in a row, Barclays is the headline partner for Pride in London, helping to champion and support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT+) community. The bank has been a partner of Pride in London since 2013 and first became the lead sponsor in 2014. The long-term relationship underlines Barclays’ ongoing commitment to championing diversity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond.
Pride in London now attracts over a million people to central London each year, having grown in scale and ambition to become one of the world’s largest Pride events. It provides a platform to campaign for the extension of LGBT+ rights and acceptance at home and abroad. This year’s Parade through the capital will take place on 7th July, 2018.
Mark McLane, Barclays’ Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, said: “Pride in London is a highlight of the LGBT+ calendar in the UK and a key element in our own programme of activities in support of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are delighted to be continuing our support as headline sponsor. Our on-going relationship with Pride, both in London and across the UK, is just one of the ways in which we show our commitment to the LGBT+ community.
“At Barclays we want our colleagues, customers and clients to feel free to express who they are at all times. We’ve made great strides internally in creating an inclusive global workplace, but we want to go further. By supporting Pride in London, we’re saying ‘this is who we are’ and we want to encourage everyone else to be able to say who they are, without fear.”
Polly Shute, Director of Sponsorship and Partnerships, Pride in London, said: “Barclays has been a long-term partner of Pride in London. As well as supporting us financially, they have helped with providing meeting spaces, support for community groups and their teams volunteer on parade day to assist with banking all the donations we take. We are extremely pleased to have them as our headline partner, along with the Mayor of London, for a fifth year.”
Alongside the support of Pride in London and across the UK, during 2018 Barclays is also supporting New York City Pride and Tokyo Rainbow Pride.