- Lloyd's Brussels office officially opens for business ready for Brexit
- World Economic Forum's Regional Risks for Doing Business report indicates significant differences in risk perceptions across the eight regions covered-cyber attacks heads most developed regions
- IAIS concludes 25th annual Conference-“We are now beginning a pivot to a greater focus on emerging and accelerating trends impacting both our developed and emerging market Members, including FinTech, cyber risks, climate risk and sustainable development challenges" says Secretary General.
- Pool Re publishes its annual Terrorism Threat & Mitigation Report focusing on the key terrorist events and developments in 2018
- Marsh-JLT Specialty formed
- Allen to chair LMA Finance Committee
- Oman joins IAIS Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MMoU) expired
- InsurTech Iotatech raises £1m in second round of funding expired
- Startupbootcamp InsurTech appoints Manjit Rana as managing director for Corporate Innovation in Insurance expired
- RSA to restructure its specialty and wholesale business on a more focussed basis expired
- Sedgwick acquires Irish loss adjuster expired
- AXIS Capital estimates Hurricane MIchael losses at $100-120m expired
24th June 2018
EIOPA publishes new set of statistical information on the European insurance sector based on Solvency II regulatory reporting for the fourth quarter of 2017-including new exposure statistics
EIOPA has published a new set of statistical information on the European insurance sector based on Solvency II regulatory reporting for the fourth quarter of 2017. In addition to the regular statistics, for the first time EIOPA is publishing new exposure statistics on the European insurance sector. This new data contains:
-Detailed statistics on types of exposure as well as location of exposure both at European Economic Area and individual country level
-Clear asset classifications including government bonds, commercial bonds and equity
-Real estate exposures with a distinction between commercial and residential exposures
- Raw aggregated exposure data to enable more in-depth analysis by end-users.
Starting with this publication, the new exposure data will become a regular part of the EIOPA insurance statistics which can be accessed via EIOPA's website.
EIOPA Trends(327 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,520 mentions in Insurance Newslink)