- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Aon releases 2019 Cyber Security Risk Report
- Europ Assistance Cyber Barometer explores consumer sentiment on Cyber Security across nine countries
- Conning study suggests US workers' compensation insurance results of recent years are poised for change
- AMICE highlights the impact of disparate and excessively burdensome regulation on the mutual and cooperative insurance workforce
- AIG reports loss of $622m in fourth quarter-CEO Duperreault "expects to achieve an underwriting profit entering 2019 in General Insurance"
- Allianz reports highest ever operating profit of E11.5bn in 2018 expired
- Digital Risks achieves Lloyd’s coverholder status expired
- Santam selects further Guidewire solutions expired
- RMS U.S. Wildfire High Definition (HD) Model released expired
- deVere Group acquire in UAE expired
- The Hanover to join RSA's Global Network as a Strategic Network Partner in the US expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)