- Lloyd's Brussels office officially opens for business ready for Brexit
- World Economic Forum's Regional Risks for Doing Business report indicates significant differences in risk perceptions across the eight regions covered-cyber attacks heads most developed regions
- IAIS concludes 25th annual Conference-“We are now beginning a pivot to a greater focus on emerging and accelerating trends impacting both our developed and emerging market Members, including FinTech, cyber risks, climate risk and sustainable development challenges" says Secretary General.
- Pool Re publishes its annual Terrorism Threat & Mitigation Report focusing on the key terrorist events and developments in 2018
- Marsh-JLT Specialty formed
- Allen to chair LMA Finance Committee
- Oman joins IAIS Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MMoU) expired
- InsurTech Iotatech raises £1m in second round of funding expired
- Startupbootcamp InsurTech appoints Manjit Rana as managing director for Corporate Innovation in Insurance expired
- RSA to restructure its specialty and wholesale business on a more focussed basis expired
- Sedgwick acquires Irish loss adjuster expired
- AXIS Capital estimates Hurricane MIchael losses at $100-120m expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)