- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Hurricane Florence losses expected to be manageable for re/insurers says Standard & Poor's
- Fitch report says modest recovery set to continue for the US excess and surplus (E&S) lines market
- China Re to acquire Chaucer from The Hanover
- SCOR in exclusive negotiations with Workplace Options concerning a worldwide distribution partnership agreement and the acquisition of SCOR subsidiary Rehalto
- Allianz Group achieved the top position as sector leader amongst all rated insurance companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index(DJSI)
- Charles Taylor happy with first half performance expired
- FICO announces latest version of its Analytics Workbench expired
- Mang appointed to newly created role of general manager, Guidewire Analytics and Data Services (ADS) expired
- Legal & General completes £4.4bn buy-in for British Airways PLC’s pension scheme-the largest ever bulk annuity policy arranged with a UK pension scheme expired
- Sedgwick announces new majority owners will be affiliates of funds managed by The Carlyle Group expired
- Fidelis restructuring its business to deliver enhanced focus and execution expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)