- Lloyd's Brussels office officially opens for business ready for Brexit
- World Economic Forum's Regional Risks for Doing Business report indicates significant differences in risk perceptions across the eight regions covered-cyber attacks heads most developed regions
- IAIS concludes 25th annual Conference-“We are now beginning a pivot to a greater focus on emerging and accelerating trends impacting both our developed and emerging market Members, including FinTech, cyber risks, climate risk and sustainable development challenges" says Secretary General.
- Pool Re publishes its annual Terrorism Threat & Mitigation Report focusing on the key terrorist events and developments in 2018
- Marsh-JLT Specialty formed
- Allen to chair LMA Finance Committee
- Oman joins IAIS Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MMoU) expired
- InsurTech Iotatech raises £1m in second round of funding expired
- Startupbootcamp InsurTech appoints Manjit Rana as managing director for Corporate Innovation in Insurance expired
- RSA to restructure its specialty and wholesale business on a more focussed basis expired
- Sedgwick acquires Irish loss adjuster expired
- AXIS Capital estimates Hurricane MIchael losses at $100-120m expired
11th July 2018
SCOR consolidates specialty insurance platform in the London Market-appointments announced
SCOR Global P&C has announced the consolidation of its specialty insurance platform in the London Market. The platform will offer either company(SCOR) or Lloyd’s paper or a combination of both to its growing customer base.
Stuart McMurdo, who was appointed ceo of SCOR UK on 1st April, will be appointed ceo of The Channel Managing Agency, the Managing Agency of the Channel Syndicate, with effect from 1st September. He will succeed David Reed, who retires on 31st August. Reed will continue as a non-executive director of The Channel Managing Agency.
Tom Corfield, existing Active Underwriter of the Channel Syndicate, has been appointed to the additional role of cuo of SCOR UK.
Both McMurdo and Corfield have joined the Board of Directors of SCOR UK and their appointments have been approved by the regulators.
Laurent Rousseau, deputy-CEO of SCOR Global P&C, comments “The appointments of Stuart McMurdo and Tom Corfield in their dual roles at SCOR UK, The Channel Managing Agency and the Channel Syndicate represent a key step towards the consolidation and strengthening of SCOR Global P&C’s specialty commercial lines insurance platform in the London Market. A unified senior management team with oversight across a single, strong insurance platform in the London Market will significantly enhance our presence in the market and our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs through tailored solutions, while improving our ability to provide a global offering by federating the means and expertise of our teams throughout the world.”
SCOR Trends(284 articles)