- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Aon releases 2019 Cyber Security Risk Report
- Europ Assistance Cyber Barometer explores consumer sentiment on Cyber Security across nine countries
- Conning study suggests US workers' compensation insurance results of recent years are poised for change
- AMICE highlights the impact of disparate and excessively burdensome regulation on the mutual and cooperative insurance workforce
- AIG reports loss of $622m in fourth quarter-CEO Duperreault "expects to achieve an underwriting profit entering 2019 in General Insurance"
- Allianz reports highest ever operating profit of E11.5bn in 2018 expired
- Digital Risks achieves Lloyd’s coverholder status expired
- Santam selects further Guidewire solutions expired
- RMS U.S. Wildfire High Definition (HD) Model released expired
- deVere Group acquire in UAE expired
- The Hanover to join RSA's Global Network as a Strategic Network Partner in the US expired
11th July 2018
SCOR consolidates specialty insurance platform in the London Market-appointments announced
SCOR Global P&C has announced the consolidation of its specialty insurance platform in the London Market. The platform will offer either company(SCOR) or Lloyd’s paper or a combination of both to its growing customer base.
Stuart McMurdo, who was appointed ceo of SCOR UK on 1st April, will be appointed ceo of The Channel Managing Agency, the Managing Agency of the Channel Syndicate, with effect from 1st September. He will succeed David Reed, who retires on 31st August. Reed will continue as a non-executive director of The Channel Managing Agency.
Tom Corfield, existing Active Underwriter of the Channel Syndicate, has been appointed to the additional role of cuo of SCOR UK.
Both McMurdo and Corfield have joined the Board of Directors of SCOR UK and their appointments have been approved by the regulators.
Laurent Rousseau, deputy-CEO of SCOR Global P&C, comments “The appointments of Stuart McMurdo and Tom Corfield in their dual roles at SCOR UK, The Channel Managing Agency and the Channel Syndicate represent a key step towards the consolidation and strengthening of SCOR Global P&C’s specialty commercial lines insurance platform in the London Market. A unified senior management team with oversight across a single, strong insurance platform in the London Market will significantly enhance our presence in the market and our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs through tailored solutions, while improving our ability to provide a global offering by federating the means and expertise of our teams throughout the world.”
SCOR Trends(284 articles)