- ANZ New Zealand CEO steps down after personal expenses review
- RBS reports impact of Alawwal Bank and Saudi British Bank merger
- SEC fines Industrial and Commercial Bank of China affiliate for improper handling of ADRs
- UK smaller businesses received a record £6.7bn equity finance investment in 2018
- Banks and payment providers need to get their IT act together, says KCOM
- Fifth of UK investors looking to debt investment, new research reveals
- allpay.cards joins Fintech consortium to drive banking innovation expired
- Mobile payments to expand from $348bn to just under $1.3trn by 2022, finds report expired
- Lloyds launches Open Banking app for credit card and savings customers expired
- The next Bitcoin run is imminent, says deVere CEO expired
- First-time buyer and home-mover numbers on the up, finds UK Finance expired
- CMA drops Non-Standard Finance/Provident Financial merger inquiry expired
9th October 2018
Barclays launches new fund for graduates seeking employment
To help graduates focus on securing their first pay cheque, rather than worrying about what they will have to pay out, Barclays has launched its first ever Graduate Fund, with up to £20k available to help those seeking employment after university.
UK graduates who left college or university in 2018 can apply for up to £550 from the fund to cover costs associated with finding their first job, including clothing, travel and training
Josie Clapham, Managing Director, Community Banking at Barclays, said: “Graduating from university and starting your first job should be a really exciting time, but the associated costs can be daunting for many – particularly when those finishing their studies in 2018 are estimated to have accumulated over £50k of debt.
“We understand how stressful and challenging this time can be for new graduates, and we want them to be able to focus on finding the job that's right for them – rather than fretting about whether they can afford to attend an interview. We hope the Barclays Graduate Fund will go some way to support graduates as they take their next steps and look forward to a bright future.”
The Barclays Graduate Fund hopes to support job-seeking graduates looking to move forward from education into their chosen careers. The deadline for applications is Friday 19th October.