- Vocalink to modernise Peruvian electronic payments infrastructure
- Société Générale to open clearing capability for derivatives and OTCs in Paris
- iwoca adds Barclays and HSBC to Open Banking connections
- UK regulator grants electronic money licence to Airwallex
- MoneyGram launches new mobile app in 14 countries
- Revolut granted specialised bank and electronic money institution licences
- KeyBank launches Initial Opportunity Zone Fund for affordable housing expired
- Competitive market drives highest rate of remortgaging in a decade, says UK Finance expired
- Shri Shaktikanta Das appointed new Governor of Indian central bank expired
- Danske is first NI bank to launch Open Banking feature expired
- Demand for chief technology officers in financial services sector set to soar expired
- Zeux to list Hedera's native HBAR token in its digital payment wallet expired
9th October 2018
Barclays launches new fund for graduates seeking employment
To help graduates focus on securing their first pay cheque, rather than worrying about what they will have to pay out, Barclays has launched its first ever Graduate Fund, with up to £20k available to help those seeking employment after university.
UK graduates who left college or university in 2018 can apply for up to £550 from the fund to cover costs associated with finding their first job, including clothing, travel and training
Josie Clapham, Managing Director, Community Banking at Barclays, said: “Graduating from university and starting your first job should be a really exciting time, but the associated costs can be daunting for many – particularly when those finishing their studies in 2018 are estimated to have accumulated over £50k of debt.
“We understand how stressful and challenging this time can be for new graduates, and we want them to be able to focus on finding the job that's right for them – rather than fretting about whether they can afford to attend an interview. We hope the Barclays Graduate Fund will go some way to support graduates as they take their next steps and look forward to a bright future.”
The Barclays Graduate Fund hopes to support job-seeking graduates looking to move forward from education into their chosen careers. The deadline for applications is Friday 19th October.