- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Insurance Europe responds to EIOPA on sustainability in Pillar I of Solvency II
- PRA publishes feedback on Consultation Paper on "Solvency II: Group own fund availability"
- Insurance Europe responds to European Commission’s consultation on its fitness check of the Floods Directive
- Prudential impresses-Asia growth continues
- Generali net profit up 9.4% in 2018-new strategic plan highlights investing in profitable growth, innovation and digital transformation
- Aon establishes strategic alliance with InsurTech Zesty.ai expired
- Charles Taylor CEO Marock reports "significant progress on executing our strategic objectives" expired
- Donegal Insurance Group extend Guidewire solutions by selecting InsurancePlatform Core and Data products expired
- Just Group new business profits up expired
- Channel appoints Ackland as Chief Commercial Officer of the London platform expired
- Hamilton to acquire Pembroke Managing Agency platform at Lloyd’s and Ironshore Europe DAC (IEDAC) from Liberty Mutual expired
7th November 2018
Munich Re on track
In the nine months, Munich Re posted a profit of E2,038m and is thus on track to achieve its profit target of E2.1–2.5bn.
There were high losses in Q3 owing to Typhoon Jebi and Hurricane Florence(around E300m each).
Profit guidance for ERGO has been raised to at least E350m, following a good nine months.
Jörg Schneider, cfo, comments “This good Q3 result puts us on track to achieve our profit target for 2018–despite a series of major natural catastrophes still continuing in the fourth quarter. The benefits of first-class primary insurance and reinsurance cover become apparent in times of climate change and growing economic risks.”There was robust growth in property-casualty reinsurance."
Munich Re Trends(436 articles)