- Ogden discount rate change does not impress the insurance industry
- UK car insurance prices up in second quarter says survey
- Huntswood's Complaints Outlook 2019 research says UK financial services firms are underperforming when it comes to complaints handling
- Clyde & Co publishes third report on climate change
- FCA launches consultation on proposals designed to help consumers with pre-existing medical conditions (PEMCs) have better access to travel insurance products-ABI responds
- Offshore wind must quickly respond to changing global risk profile according to GCube Insurance analysis
- Mactavish research highlights that only32% of decisions went in favour of the policyholder over insurance claims disputes taken to Court expired
- Quotall refines software amid increased demand for broker digital transformation expired
- DARAG enters into a retrospective quota share reinsurance agreement with Scandinavian insurer Protector Forsikring expired
- Apollo Syndicate Management appoints Burkinshaw to new board level post of CUO expired
- BrokersLink continues African regional growth with three new affiliates expired
- VIctor announces senior appointments expired
10th February 2019
Lloyd's appoint Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network
Lloyd’s has confirmed the appointment of David Duclos as non-executive chairman of Lloyd’s Global Network, where he will play a key advisory role in the development of Lloyd’s international network.
He will take up the position at Lloyd’s immediately. With extensive international industry experience spanning four decades across a number of executive roles, including ceo of QBE North America(2013-2016) and Chief Executive of XL Group’s global insurance operations(2008-2011),Duclos’s non-executive director appointment further bolsters Lloyd’s leadership team following the appointment of cfo Burkhard Keese.
John Neal, ceo of Lloyd’s, comments “Dave is a fantastic asset to Lloyd’s and I’m delighted he has agreed to join us. He brings with him an incredible wealth of knowledge and insight which will be of huge value in the months ahead as we put in place a new geographical focus, concentrating on the developed markets that have the greatest potential for future growth.
We’ll be looking at new opportunities in the US, in Europe through Lloyd’s Brussels, together with those emerging markets where we are likely to see the best return on our investment. Dave’s leadership and expertise will ensure that Lloyd’s is better positioned to maximise these opportunities.”
Duclos added “I am pleased to be joining Lloyd’s in this advisory capacity at a period of great opportunity for the market, and to work closely with the Lloyd’s leadership team. Lloyd’s international network is a strong and much-admired asset for the market and I will bring my experiences in global insurance to further strengthen Lloyd’s position in the US and across the world.”
Lloyd's Trends(2,637 articles)