- Industry, law and government join to crackdown on financial crime
- HSBC agrees to extend redress scheme for customers impacted by historical debt collection practices
- NatWest Markets establishes new ESG-rated product framework
- FinecoBank successfully completes the placement of AT1 issue
- Euromoney names Santander best bank for SMEs in Western Europe and best bank in Latin America
- Government’s Economic Crime Plan is a welcome effort, says TransUnion
- UniCredit and CEXIM to intensify cooperation in China, Italy and CEE Regions expired
- Halifax introduces new card freeze options for credit card customers expired
- UK Finance supports Consumers’ Access to Finance report comments expired
- Jolen Anderson joins BNY Mellon as Global Head of Human Resources expired
- Mastercard expands Zoho partnership to offer tools to SMEs expired
- UniCredit Foundation launches new contests for scholarships and research grants expired
12th February 2019
New mobile banking app feature offers Open Banking to Lloyds and Halifax customers
Lloyds Bank and Halifax customers can now see all their personal current accounts from different banks at their fingertips thanks to the latest mobile banking app feature. The new Open Banking functionality will enable customers to safely and securely see all of their current accounts in real time within the mobile banking app, without the need for multiple logins.
Customers can add an account in their online banking app using a secure Open Banking connection – they simply choose the account provider, log on to the service and select the accounts that they want to share. Once they’ve completed the security process, they’ll have instant access to their accounts and transactions in one place.
Stephen Noakes, Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, said: “We’re focusing on taking our industry-leading apps to the next level by offering customers a fuller view of their finances. Bringing Open Banking technology into our apps is the next step in a series of exciting new features designed to make it easier for customers to manage their money online.
“We recently launched a suite of features to help online banking customers keep track of spending and help protect against fraud, enhancing the safe, secure and seamless experience our customers are used to every day.”