- TSB announces UK’s first fraud refund guarantee to protect customers
- Fed Board fines Standard Chartered for unsafe and unsound practices
- Santander offers to acquire the minority shareholders’ interests in Santander Mexico
- Signature Bank of Georgia begins trading on OTC Pink Market
- UniCredit to sell Italian consumer, unsecured, non-performing credit portfolio
- Credit Suisse creates Asia Pacific Trading Solutions
- Professor Kashyap and Michael Saunders reappointed to BoE Policy Committees expired
- Citi Q1 2019 results reflect progress on improving return on, and return of capital expired
- Goldman Sachs boss pleased with Q1 2019 performance expired
- JP Morgan publishes record results for Q1 2019 expired
- Wells Fargo Q1 2019 results show continued strong credit performance expired
- Brits use slang words for money, but few know what they actually mean expired
12th February 2019
New mobile banking app feature offers Open Banking to Lloyds and Halifax customers
Lloyds Bank and Halifax customers can now see all their personal current accounts from different banks at their fingertips thanks to the latest mobile banking app feature. The new Open Banking functionality will enable customers to safely and securely see all of their current accounts in real time within the mobile banking app, without the need for multiple logins.
Customers can add an account in their online banking app using a secure Open Banking connection – they simply choose the account provider, log on to the service and select the accounts that they want to share. Once they’ve completed the security process, they’ll have instant access to their accounts and transactions in one place.
Stephen Noakes, Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, said: “We’re focusing on taking our industry-leading apps to the next level by offering customers a fuller view of their finances. Bringing Open Banking technology into our apps is the next step in a series of exciting new features designed to make it easier for customers to manage their money online.
“We recently launched a suite of features to help online banking customers keep track of spending and help protect against fraud, enhancing the safe, secure and seamless experience our customers are used to every day.”