- FirstBank and Azuri to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Research finds banks’ leveraged loan pipeline could pose a threat to financial stability
- CrowdBureau launches P2P lending and equity crowdfunding index
- UK Finance responds to Which? call for a new 'cash' regulator
- Treasury Committee publishes correspondence from FOS about economic crime
- An IFISA is as the perfect middle ground for saving, according to Zopa
- Banks to invest heavily in updating legacy systems to combat challenger banks expired
- MetaBank® launches faster payments platform with Mastercard Send expired
- Leeds adds no-fee, fixed-rate mortgage to retirement interest-only market expired
- ABN AMRO results impacted by cost of anti-money laundering safeguards expired
- Crédit Agricole’s net income sees sharp rise in 2018 expired
- Credit Suisse Group reports first annual post-tax profit since 2014 expired
12th February 2019
New mobile banking app feature offers Open Banking to Lloyds and Halifax customers
Lloyds Bank and Halifax customers can now see all their personal current accounts from different banks at their fingertips thanks to the latest mobile banking app feature. The new Open Banking functionality will enable customers to safely and securely see all of their current accounts in real time within the mobile banking app, without the need for multiple logins.
Customers can add an account in their online banking app using a secure Open Banking connection – they simply choose the account provider, log on to the service and select the accounts that they want to share. Once they’ve completed the security process, they’ll have instant access to their accounts and transactions in one place.
Stephen Noakes, Transformation Director, Lloyds Banking Group, said: “We’re focusing on taking our industry-leading apps to the next level by offering customers a fuller view of their finances. Bringing Open Banking technology into our apps is the next step in a series of exciting new features designed to make it easier for customers to manage their money online.
“We recently launched a suite of features to help online banking customers keep track of spending and help protect against fraud, enhancing the safe, secure and seamless experience our customers are used to every day.”