- TSB announces UK’s first fraud refund guarantee to protect customers
- Fed Board fines Standard Chartered for unsafe and unsound practices
- Santander offers to acquire the minority shareholders’ interests in Santander Mexico
- Signature Bank of Georgia begins trading on OTC Pink Market
- UniCredit to sell Italian consumer, unsecured, non-performing credit portfolio
- Credit Suisse creates Asia Pacific Trading Solutions
- Professor Kashyap and Michael Saunders reappointed to BoE Policy Committees expired
- Citi Q1 2019 results reflect progress on improving return on, and return of capital expired
- Goldman Sachs boss pleased with Q1 2019 performance expired
- JP Morgan publishes record results for Q1 2019 expired
- Wells Fargo Q1 2019 results show continued strong credit performance expired
- Brits use slang words for money, but few know what they actually mean expired
12th February 2019
TheCityUK appoints HSBC’s Mark Tucker as Chairman of its Board
TheCityUK has appointed Mark Tucker, Group Chairman of HSBC, as the new Chairman of its Board. He will succeed John McFarlane, who will step down on 31st May, 2019. Mr Tucker will lead TheCityUK Board, working closely with TheCityUK Advisory Council Chairman, Paul Manduca, and the executive team to progress TheCityUK’s mission to ensure that the UK remains a competitive and attractive world-leading centre for international financial and related professional services.
In his career of more than 30 years, Mr Tucker has worked across many of the individual elements of the financial and related professional services ecosystem that TheCityUK represents. He has headed world-leading businesses in the UK, Asia, US and Africa and will bring invaluable experience and insight to TheCityUK, its members and the wider industry.
Mr Tucker said: "I am very pleased to succeed John and to have the opportunity to lead TheCityUK Board at such an important time for the industry. We are facing a period of transformation driven by changing international relationships and technology and we must work together to secure the future of the UK’s international competitiveness.
"We also have the ongoing challenge of demonstrating the purpose and value that our industry brings to the people we serve and the communities in which we operate. I really look forward to working with fellow members and with the team at TheCityUK to deliver this important agenda.
"I would like to pay tribute to the tremendous job that John has done leading TheCityUK through a challenging time for the UK and for our industry. On behalf of everyone involved in TheCityUK I offer our heartfelt thanks and best wishes.”
Mr McFarlane said: "TheCityUK has played a vital role in recent years. It has brought the industry together on critical issues such as Brexit, its future skills and talent needs, the value of our growing regional and national financial centres and on building on our success as Britain’s most successful export industry.
"I have greatly enjoyed my time as Chairman of the Board. I am delighted to pass the baton to Mark, one of our industry’s most outstanding and respected figures.”